Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VictorB02

An example of the benefits of mediation

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I had an amazing insight into the benefits of meditation (for me) for 6 months straight. 

This past Monday I had to get a tooth pulled while awake, because of a bad cavity. As I was telling my friend, he exclaimed "dude, did you wake up on Monday and think 'oh no I have to get a tooth pulled'" And Surprisingly, I looked at him and was like "No, actually, I wasn't stressing at all" And then it hit me. Any other time of my life (before meditating) I would have been completely stressed and worried the day of getting a tooth pulled while being awake. I would have been filled with anxiety. Any other normal person who hasn't practiced meditation or personal development would have probably woken up that day completely dreading getting a tooth pulled while having to be awake.

But this past Monday I wasn't. I woke up relaxed, did my normal routine, drove to the dentist, and went through the procedure all without maybe a tiny nervousness the couple seconds before the dentist started to pull my tooth out. (It wasn't that bad)

I have never experienced this type of radical benefit from meditating.

I hope this can help anyone who has just started on the path to see that there are example of practical benefits to mediating.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

nice have you read "why Buddhism is true" . There is an account of an advanced meditator who got tooth surgery without pain medicine and was able to tolerate without too much discomfort.  Your story reminded me of this.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Colin I have not. That seems very interesting!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,