CreamCat

Build your fundamentals before thinking about moving up Spiral Dynamics

8 posts in this topic

If you screw up at Beige, your efficacy in higher levels will suffer a lot. Purple is about building your tribe. If you screw up at Purple, you will become a lonely human being, and your perception of everything else will likely become distorted. Look at incels and their distorted views. If you screw up at Red, you are going to become a weakling and lack motivation. The list goes on.

Most people suck at Beige. Each level should be mastered before moving up. Your life sucks because you graduated Beige before mastering it.

I suggest

• Sleeping right
  • Eating right
  • Exercising right
  • Meditating right
  • Breathing right

I suggest working on lower stages of Spiral Dynamics.

You should also quit social media. Quit this forum, too if it becomes addictive. Or, even block this forum so that you will only temporarily unblock it with intention.

For example, this is what it looks like to block actualized.org forum with the help of uBlock Origin.

2018-10-15_Mon_06:50:14.png

Edited by CreamCat

Why everything has to be right and not left? :P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I don't really bother with Spiral dynamics. I don't see myself going anywhere after Green as long ago i came to realise that the best i can do is to make myself better and to do that i need mind my own business and let people do whatever they want. In my understanding stage yellow and above want to change earth and society and etc that i smirk and I say Good luck with that. 

@Thesingularity Think of it this way. Even if you intend to stay on Orange, you should still master lower stages.

Beige // Survival, Exercise, Food, ...

Purple // Nuturing your tribe, your family, your friends, ...

Red // Motivation to stick to your values

Blue // Developing values and principles

Without those fundamentals, it's hard to make progress.

@CreamCat I am not really sure about the tribe as the old value system of Blood, land and God made  a lot of troubles for our species. So many disasters under disguise of that. I would say focus on yourself and Family and Close friends and if you do that well only then you can be influential to bigger systems. 

@Thesingularity You still have tribes. You belong to various tribes. You belong to your direct family and your extended family. You are a member of a tribe called you and your friends. Your company is a tribe. A tribe is usually a group whose number doesn't exceed 150 people which is dunbar's number. A small fraternity in college is also a tribe.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat

tribe

trīb/

noun

a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.

"indigenous Indian tribes"

synonyms:ethnic group, people, band, nation; More

@Thesingularity It has various meanings. It is also a metaphor for a group of people who know each other. Read all definitions in the following image. 7th definition says a company, group, or number of persons. 8th definition says a class or set of persons, especially one with strong common traits or interests. Tribes in modern societies usually have 7th and 8th meanings. If you stick with Leo, you will see him use words with loosely defined meanings, too.

2018-10-15_Mon_10:02:49.png

Saying "take care of your tribe" is like saying "take care of people you know personally".

To master Purple,

• Maintain good relationships with your parents
  • Have at least 5 good friends
  • Establish appropriate traditions, appropriate schedules, and appropriate rituals (I have morning ritual)

I recommend that you read

If you want to know what I mean by morning ritual, watch the following video

In that video, you can see how an Orange guy embodies Beige and Purple. To Thomas Frank, morning ritual and evening ritual are a magic for improving life. You don't know why it works, but it works. Rituals are magic.

Edited by CreamCat