Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yasaidasai

A bunch of questions on recent videos

2 posts in this topic

1)Infinite Intelligence video: Doesn't the infinite intelligence concept negate the free will video? Does Uspensky's work still hold true in your opinion?

2) Content vs context: yes, but ultimately, isn't it all just context? isn't content just a part of context? Why are we able to distinguish the two?

3)Journal contemplation. FUCK YOU! I've broken my head thinking about what meaning is! What is it??? is there meaning at all? do our thoughts have meaning, or are they just things floating around that we just sprinkle meaning dust over, and be like, hey, that's meaning! Why does it seem like the whole reality hinges on our believing in that the word meaning actually has meaning?

4)Actuality video: you say that thoughts and ideas are not actual, but how could this be? Why my idea of a hand behind my back is any less actual than the hand in front of me? Are thoughts and ideas not part of reality?

@yasaidasai 1) Why would intelligence video negate no-free will?

3) Journal contemplation is not very useful in my opinion. Try The Work of Byron Katie. It is working really well for me!

4) Yes your idea of a hand is real, but it isn’t your hand, it’s just an image of a hand. Your real hand is what you see when you look at it! Thoughts and ideas exist, but don’t confuse them with the ‘outer world’. Thoughts and ideas are just random images and sounds in your mind. They have no connection with the outer world.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie