Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emerald

When Self-actualization Is A Band-aid To Cover Over Deep Feelings Of Insignificance

2 posts in this topic

I realized six years ago that so much of my drive toward self-actualization was rooted deeply in struggling for significance and trying to outrun the reaper. I was using my ambitions and success drives as a crutch. This was woven in seamlessly with genuine inspiration to meet my fullest creative potential. So, the topic is how to remedy feelings of worthlessness, insignificance, etc. that lay underneath ambition and drives toward self-actualization without losing motivation toward self-actualization... or at least how to move in a more genuine direction with life even if self-actualization falls away with the neuroses.

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

"Self-esteem is the disposition to experience oneself as being competent to cope with the basic challenges of life and of being worthy of happiness." - Nathaniel Brandon

Are you talking about drive that is negatively motivated and re-framing that?

Memento Mori