Elton

Quicky on happiness

3 posts in this topic

Happiness is an attitude.

You can be happy when you take ownership of your own life.

Unconditional happiness is when you're a total victim yet you remain happy.

This could be only possible if you were really funny on the inside..

But when you make a commitment towards happiness, you kind of start taking ownership of your life and refuse to be a victim.

Happiness is a attitude.

13 hours ago, Elton said:

But when you make a commitment towards happiness, you kind of start taking ownership of your life and refuse to be a victim.

The trap I've often fallen into is approaching life as a passive victim because I can just program my attitude towards unconditional happiness & acceptance. And negative motivation never worked for me either.

So tell me if you could explain it well, how once can use emotional mastery to be a motivating and empowering force for deep transformation that extends into the material realm? Because if happiness is not something you have to work for, and there is no way to work towards it anyway, it is easy to become complacent, especially when taking responsibility for your life circumstances requires understanding complex, confusing situations and immense mental effort to overcome resistance.

Like if I can just choose to be happy, why even get out of bed, why do anything? This is something I am honestly trying to figure out right now, how to reconcile purposeful, directed action, personal; development, material progress etc. with spiritual development, detachment, releasing ego, selflessness, not doing, just being, experiencing beingness. 

@XYZ i don't think I can explain the unexplainable.

But I have had an insight which might already been taught by others.

To experience being focus on emptiness use distraction as a bell to focus again.. 

However I realized this technique the practice of this is very difficult for me at the moment.. so focusing on breath or body awareness could also help..