Zane

Career Progress

3 posts in this topic

I'm 24 and I've been deeply focused lately on stoking passion for the possibilities of creating my own career from scratch. I moved to Minneapolis last September to take a new job but the job fell apart and I forced to move on to new options. It took me 9 months of struggling to find projects through temp agencies and enduring dozens of interviews but facing constant rejection. However, by June 2018, I had a breakthrough. I interviewed for a job at the Crayola Experience and I dazzled the interviewer with my burst of passion and energy for creativity that she hired me on the spot. It was shocking!!! In that moment, I beat the odds and found a job that resonated me. I've been working at Crayola for close to 4 months now and I'm loving it. I love how the shift flows by because of how excited I get at the start. However, I see it as the step forward to something much bigger and more ambitious. I took major steps to look for a second gig that pays better. I was recently hired by an afterschool enrichment program to teach one class focused around building structures. I'm taking more action by diversifying my jobs so I can monetize my passions. I will focus on teaching the one class and add more classes over time, I will work with Crayola a couple times per week, I will work as a Children's Entertainer on Saturday because it's great for money and it aligns with my passion for entertaining, and I will be a Trivia Host in the evenings. The GREAT thing about the enrichment program, the Children's Entertainer gig, and the Trivia Host is that it's a golden balance of pursuing my passion and getting paid AWESOMELY for it. My new career model is to experiment with a wide variety of jobs and have a flexible schedule and treating my career like an investment portfolio with diverse assets and my goal is long-term career growth and earning potential. 

Sounds great! Im happy for you!

What do you do as a childrens entertainer? Also what is a the enrichment program about, does it require engineering skills? I have a friend who recently moved from working with children & as a waiter to now only work with children and he hosts escapes roomto balance it out. Now he is looking to learn acting. Is that also something that interests you?

@universe I'm currently not working as a Children's Entertainer but I'm fascinated by the industry. The enrichment program is about LEGOs and STEM and it doesn't require engineering skills. I'm just fascinated by the opportunity to teach a class like that. I did interview with several Escape Rooms. I think that a weekend Children's Entertainer job and Trivia Host job are lined up for me.