Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

How To Get Rid Of Negativity

6 posts in this topic

I've been struggling with negative thoughts and "what-ifs" for quite some time. I have become aware of the negative thoughts, writing 5 minutes a day on a piece of paper to realize what the thoughts are about, but it hasn't really ripped out the vicious plant that is negativity. How do I excavate this fker? Also not so much worry, but more so the thought of "what-if,what-if,what-if" Pops up a lot. At first it was negative, now I can stop it at the "what-if" stage and redirect and finish the sentence. For example, before when I were doing some task such as peeling an onion, a negative thought of "what-if I cut off my finger'? Now I know that sounds stupid, but that's just what my stupid mind is doing. Then it calmed down, and went to "What if I fail" or something along those lines, clearly indicating fear of failure. I've gotten the what-ifs to the point where they just yell-out "what-if,what-if?" and then I have to complete the sentence, like peeling an orange and the thoughts say "what-if"  and then I think what-if I peel this orange successfully, or the orange is going to taste great or...you get the picture, I have some control now, but it still hasn't gone away, and it's annoying and interferes with day to day thinking, worrying about worrying, and me having to repeat "Negative worry is fkin useless" x100 everyday or so. Now on the other hand, the negativity and all the negative thoughts? Good god, these fkers don't stop, just parading along there little macarena line at random times and saying the random-est stupidest sht possible, like "HEY, why don't go steal that old ladies purse, she sure is giving you dirty look" Like What in the fck? And just other negative crap about myself, self-depreciating sht really. From most of the self-help things I've read so far, thoughts really are the core foundation for a lot of beliefs, and other parts of the psyche and what not, but hell how do I get rid of this crap?

tl;dr - Negative thoughts + Negative Worry, how to kill negativity?

You can't. You can only lessen it. You need to really work on your psychology and mental thoughts. You need to get rid of shame and self-discouragement - other emotional feelings too. I would work on replacing these 6 negatives with more positive ones: 

2u932ox.jpg

Its all about your mental state. Consciously make an effort to lessen these negative thoughts. They're not valid anyway so don't invest too much glycogen into them. 

Summarizing the essence of some speeches I heard throughout my life: What if never went to the arena.

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default- This one is from J.K. Rowling ^^

I don't think that one is able to really conquer their emotions with emotions. Love is the only thing that stands in contrast to all the fears that you might have now. But most of all live by that first sentence I wrote you, "what if never went to the arena" point.

@Argue I believe it is possible to get rid of negativity, this "can't" mind-set is failing at first step, if you don't believe you can do something you will never be able to accomplish any goal, ever. Scientifically speaking, yes the reptilian brain ought to be calmed, and the mammalian controlled with the neocortex. I'm thinking positive affirmations and positivity, also to build the 6 pillars of self-esteem. Once a rock-solid foundation has been set, then it will be easier to get into psychology mastery. Everything you listed in that pentagon is just ego, the source of most, if not all suffering, just emotions that can be subconsciously programmed to the users liking. Also your username is literally "Argue", so are you looking to pick a fight?

Edited by JevinR

@JevinR

Eckart Tolle puts it really simple, he says: negativity needs stories, peace none..

What if you just stop the thought, don't give him not even a better end.. just stop it in the moment you recognize it, for example, after the Wh.. Stop! .

I do it when i want to get rid of all kind of stuff that comes around and around all the time, like songs you some times hear during hours in your head.. Just stop in the midle of the word.. It usually function really good.. If not the first time, maybe the second or the third..

It seems that the thought vanishes by being neglected..