Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pilgrim

Conquering ADD & Claiming my Life!

2 posts in this topic

Trying to make everything a bit more clear in my head.. 

from my research so far, I am 99,99% positive that I have ADD - inattentive type.. my Myers and Briggs is E/INFP, which matches with ADD quite often too. Also I believe that I am an empath and I have a tendency for depression. That's it for the labels. :) 

I think my tendency for depression is linked to my ADD. It is very common.. because I feel incompetent due to a slower processing time quite often and this is obviously very bad for my self-esteem. I am a huge people pleaser and being an empath makes it hard for me to not get lost, because I can sort of relate to everyone.. but oftentimes I forget where "I start and where I end". 

Most of my problems sort of run around my ADD though... I am considering medication, but I know this won't be enough. Meditation and Yoga could be essential, because I spend way too much time in my head daydreaming and "zoning out". Also, I need to watch my diet. Trying to make a small experiment for 12 days now since I am currently having a lot of time. I'll update everyday how I feel.

Rules for the 12 days: 

1) 20 min singing meditation in the morning

2) I try not to engage in daydreaming. Whenever I notice I am doing it, I'll start painting or when I am outside strongly focusing on my surounding

3) limiting the amount of smartphone/laptop use to 3 hours per day 

4) diet: no gluten, no dairy

5) 1 hour per day Yoga (or climbing) in the evening

Typical for ADD, of course I did not stick to the routine.. 9_9

Update 1

- However, I have been consistent with my diet for 6 days now and it seems that the brain fog has already lessened. It feels much more clear, could as well be placebo though. I am mainly focusing on a gluten-free diet and it is quite surprising how easy it has been so far. 

- Will try to really stick to a daily workout and daily meditation now for at least 2 weeks.. 

- Limiting the amount of smartphone/laptop usage worked for 1 day. :D That seems to be pretty difficult to implement, but I am trying. 

- Of course I was very unsuccessful in not engaging in daydreaming.. that totally failed.. maybe for one day, I was kind of able to force myself to focus as much as I could on the present moment.. but it was not natural at all and a lot of constant effort and I went back to daydreaming one day after. 

------

New things I am considering: 

1) Trying a Vipassana Retreat in December 

2) Getting a great planner to help manage my time / goals: (someone mentioned it here)

https://onplanners.com/planners/best-planners-goal-setting#paragraph-59