Oi Luffy

Strange meditation sensations

5 posts in this topic

So I have a pretty consistent meditation habit, I've had for about 6-7 months (sometimes I will slip)

More than a few times I will get the sensation of intense spinning mostly located in the head.

It is accompanied by a very noticeable high pitch frequency.

Almost all times it kicks up fear and I resist, but I have allowed it once and had a vision (Won't go into detail)

But today actually, when I woke up and started meditating. About halfway through, I had the intense spins again with the high frequency, at first I resisted but that didn't do anything, and I sunk deeper into it.

I stayed for maybe 10 seconds and it got a little less intense. But I still snapped out of it. Afterwards my whole body was full of energy and I had a slight discomfort in the head.

My question to anyone who understands is, what does it mean?

I did some research and I discovered that it was a sign of deep meditation.

I was hoping for more clarity on this

I've had this a lot, and I know a lot of people on the forums post about this as well. It's quite common, and I don't exactly know what it is since I haven't invested in any Electroencephalography or brain-activity tracking devices. Personally though, I think it's you becoming extremely relaxed and in a state where you actually forget your body/balance, if that makes sense?

It's like meditating so hard, you forget you're meditating and then your senses all align at once after they've been numbed down and it's a headrush :P

That's my view. If it really does bother you, try some breathing exercises 

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz That could very well be the case, but how do I explain the rush of energy and discomfort in the head?

16 minutes ago, Oi Luffy said:

@B_Naz That could very well be the case, but how do I explain the rush of energy and discomfort in the head?

It could also be from overwhelming senses that you've discovered. We're not always limited to just 5 senses, perhaps you've opened other senses in your body. I've had such feelings like being complete aware of all the items in my room, and such. This could cause the discomfort in the head as well

For the rush of energy, no idea. Something for you to explore :o 

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz Thanks, I'm sure more will be revealed in time. I gotta stay vigilant so that the fear doesn't overtake me. But thanks again!