Abdul

Need suggestions on my life purpose strategy

3 posts in this topic

First, I want to thank you so much Leo for transforming my life. May you be rewarded abundantly for your work. You've touched my life, and may you be increased in wisdom and knowledge.

I am a recent graduate from the Life Purpose course, and I am glad to share that I have found my purpose. I.e I want to impact students( Teenagers , college and university students  on creating a powerful life and also rethinking education . I also want to help parents rethink parenting along the way. 

A little background about me: I just graduated from college with an accounting degree, but I was not actively looking for a job because I wanted to figure out my purpose, and since I have now figured it out, this is the strategy I intend in mind to live my purpose. 

1) I want to write my CPA exams , and I hope to get it done by the end of 2019, though I have already started spending time in my life purpose journey. My intention for wanting to write the exams  is that , it will open doors for me in my career, and provide me the financial stability to pursue my purpose going forward.

2) while working in my career , I also intend to spend part time working on my purpose via reading, researching , building skills , and implementing some of the other strategies I have learned in the course.

3) after gaining valuable experience, I intend to move into the non-profit sector  within two years to work with organizations that are in the space I am passionate about before going solo subsequently. 

here are some of the questions I want feedback from:

i) since I now know my life purpose, do you think it's still wise to pursue my career such writing the CPA exams, and working my way to align myself with my life purpose? 

ii) base on my current circumstances i.e inexperience,  do you think the strategy I outlined is wiser? If not , can I have  feedback ,which is better? 

iii) Assuming I have no strategy, what could be the appropriate strategy given my circumstances to start from the short to the long-run to perfectly align myself with my purpose

Leo , your feedback will be highly appreciated and all the amazing members in this forum.

I thank all of you for your time

Abdul

Hi Abdul, I want to ask WHY do you want to impact students? I think if you can understand WHY you want to do that, instead of WHAT you want to do (impact students), you can align your career with your life purpose easily.

My guess is that you love helping people grow to become better people?

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

I want to impact students to rethink the why's of education- i.e not just making a living, but striving and living and contributing. I struggled with this , and I came to realized that the foundations of life are not thought in schools. working with teenagers and the conversations I have had with my colleagues, I have realized that education has become just a means to an end. I want to change that paradigm by helping students to build meaningful foundations of life such as gratitude, confidence, self-knowledge. To my opinion, this will enhance their choices immensely.

My guess is that you love helping people grow to become better people? Absolutely