Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageModeAustin

What's happening here (meditation)

5 posts in this topic

So i'll be meditating and suddenly a trigger thought will occur. Or i want to itch a body part really badly, but i resist. Then i will feel this surge of 'energy' run through the tail bone up to my Occipital area. I feel this generally within that area. Leo called it, "like two plates colliding." I've been feeling this pretty much every single meditation session I've had so far (a bit over 2 months now). What is this? 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

My best guess: release of Qi (energy) in the spine. 

maybe consider looking more deeply into Qi Gong theory/practices such as the microcosmic orbit.

Happy Meditating!

@Hamonrye @Misagh So, they stopped happening recently. Did I awaken this Kundalini or Qi energy then?

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SageModeAustin No. They come and go at first, and become more permanent as time goes on. I can tell you that the ego has no control over kundalini whatsoever. No power to activate or stop the kundalini-shakti. More likely you have been exposed to shaktipat from some source and just don't know/remember where. I recommend you start reading about the Kundalini and its nature. Do not refer to new-agey websites for this info, go to the source in tantra such as Vijnanabhairava. People like Adyashanti and Shunyamurti, all have very good understanding of Kundalini, but often don't focus/talk on it simply because it's not within the experience of the majority of people. As for gurus who I know to be legitimate and who do focus extensively on Kundalini, Jan Esman and Craig Holiday come to mind. I personally found Jan Esman to be the most reliable. I actually received shaktipat from him.

Edit - Forgot to mention Shri Anandi Ma

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi