Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron p

I keep getting trapped in my mind

8 posts in this topic

So, I'm pretty sure I'm a hypochondriac to some degree. I notice it here and there. My mind is very very stubborn and it's hard to even think straight sometimes. 

What confuses me, is the fact that I used my mind to figure out that Leo's teachings had truth behind them. But I really don't know where the line is drawn between 'awareness' and 'thought'. EVEN RIGHT NOW IM TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT WITH MY MIND. I try to become aware of my mind when I feel symptoms of the hypochondria, but I just end up digging further into it. The only thing that really helps in the moment is taking my mind off it, by doing something else.

How can I develop when, if I take a step in any direction, I am making a wrong step (by thinking).

My question is this, should I be using my mind AT ALL? 

@Aaron p How many days have you been meditating, what kind do you do, how long is each session? How many days have you spent breathing from your stomach?

Hypochondria - go visit a doctor, get a physical, get blood work done. Have the doctor make 2 columns on a piece of paper; what is wrong with you, what is not wrong with you. Hang that next to your bed to remind you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm its making me quote you twice for some reason...I have been meditating since about August 7th, most days 20 minutes of disregarding thoughts followed by 40 minutes of self enquiry. I really felt a massive growth when I did that. But then my mind keeps trying to take control and it feels so natural.

I only breathe from my stomach when I'm meditating, and I don't know why it's just because Leo said to do it.

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aaron p How many days have you been meditating, what kind do you do, how long is each session? How many days have you spent breathing from your stomach?

Hypochondria - go visit a doctor, get a physical, get blood work done. Have the doctor make 2 columns on a piece of paper; what is wrong with you, what is not wrong with you. Hang that next to your bed to remind you. 

@Nahmits making me quote you tw

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aaron p

You can’t think and focus on stomach breathing at the same time. 

Meditate twice a day.

Give that 30 days, then try self inquiry.

Sounds like you’re calming the overthinking with meditation, and then firing it back up with thinking (self inquiry). 

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aaron p

You can’t think and focus on stomach breathing at the same time. 

Meditate twice a day.

Give that 30 days, then try self inquiry.

Sounds like you’re calming the overthinking with meditation, and then firing it back up with thinking (self inquiry). 

@Nahm I'll contemplate about whether or not I can think and focus on stomach breathing at the same time. I'm fucking determined to get this shit though man. I seriously don't care how many stupid tricks my mind tries to play on me. I'm Gona fuck my mind up, silence it's ass meditation style. And see how it likes that shit twice a day for 30 whole days. Thanks dude, I'll let you know how I get on.

@Aaron p

Hone that infinite energy to a single point, by surrendering it  - aware of breathing.

Don’t contemplate it, that’s more maya, more thinking. Don’t be determined, just relax & allow, breathing is effortless, and the literal connection to God. 

Making an enemy of your mind - now you’ll have to undo that, so, don’t. Love it. It’s a work of art. 

Nobody is stopping anybody from doing anything. 

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aaron p

Hone that infinite energy to a single point, by surrendering it  - aware of breathing.

Don’t contemplate it, that’s more maya, more thinking. Don’t be determined, just relax & allow, breathing is effortless, and the literal connection to God. 

Making an enemy of your mind - now you’ll have to undo that, so, don’t. Love it. It’s a work of art. 

Nobody is stopping anybody from doing anything. 

@Nahm ok it's a bit confusing. But I'm ok with that, I'm not Gona try to work it out this time. Im Gona meditate right now before work. If I don't have time to meditate twice a day I'll just meditate for twice as long one time. Like today, I start work soon and end at 11pm...but I can meditate for 40 minutes right now. Im Gona submit