Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingroboto

How can I have self acceptance when my mind is the one constructing the maze

3 posts in this topic

Watched the new video about the maze and it got me thinking, 

I want to be at peace with myself, but how can I do that when my mind is the very thing that is constructing this maze? Constantly trying to distract and torment me. If the mind is part of the maze then it's not of my own, if I remove it then what is left that is me? ? 

Edited by kingroboto

@kingroboto Write that thought on a piece of paper. Hold it up in the air in front of you. Look at the paper, your ‘thought’, and compare it to everything else around it. The higher self, if you wil, You, is doing that. How significant is that thought, compared to that? Careful not to underestimate humility and surrender to that.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Think of your mind as a tool that can serve you or hinder you. It's not something to destroy, because if it wasn't useful, you wouldn't have it.

I can see that you're characterizing it as some kind of tormentor, but this is bound to lead to self-attack and make you introspective and stifled and resistant.

Here's an idea - rather than fighting your mind, befriend and cultivate it. See when it's hurting you, note down patterns of bad thoughts, and try to remain sceptical and clear headed, establishing a mind that is healthy and inquisitive and supportive of you. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Having a functioning human mind is a beautiful gift. Embrace it.