Jacko

I'm 26 years old. Am I too old for college?

24 posts in this topic

I'm 26 myself and will be going back to college later this year for a Masters Degree.

I agree with almost everyone's advice here. 

First off, forget the how, and focus on your vision for humanity and yourself. Next, understand what domains you'd like to master. You already have that. So the next step is to understand what it is that you lack, because of which you cannot fulfill your vision today. Often, it will be a combination of domain-specific knowledge, big picture understanding, and interpersonal skills. 

Then, you can see how a college degree can fit into your picture, rather than the opposite.

But the bottom line, it isn't too late. You are God experiencing Reality, it's about damn time you began thinking that way!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

@Jacko it really depends on your financial status. If you've wanted to get a degree for the same amount of time it takes to complete it, then I think it's a reasonable choice.

College is no small feat, especially if you're on your own and don't have much money.

Sometimes if we don't act soon enough to figure out what is we want to do, we have to just spin the wheel.

Edited by Deepconcepts