Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Embodying Enlightenment Concepts with only the Intellectual understanding...

3 posts in this topic

So for someone like me, who is far from enligthenment, does it make sense if i am embodying the concepts without experieintial understanding of them?

for example, acceptance of what is

once enlgihtened, the being which remains, its default nature is to allow and accept all. unconditional love

right now, say if i am faced with an "unfavorable" situation to my current ego-self... i am getting angry about it and what to change it or do something about it.. does it make sense to me in the long run to just allow it as it is.. as if i were enlightned so to speak.. so just embodying being a self which is calm and does not get angry... 

or would that be counter-productive... i think i have had this experieince... something came up which i did not like that a friend was doing .. and i just told myself to be calm, take a deep breath and allow it to be.. dont try to change the moment or sitation.. 
i kept doing this and it back-fired in the sense that since i continued to allow and accept the "bad behaviour" (lets call it that without going into the detail of what it is) my friend continued to do it as he thought "this guy is okay with it, or doesnt mind.. or say anything about it.. " so there came a point where i had been shunning away the angry and staying calm to allow/accept what is.. and then it all came down crashing at once.. the lid of the pressure cooker popped and i had an angry confrontation episode..

so should i have continued to carry to allow and accept? by embodying and staying calm.. or does that only really work if one has a deeper understanding of it (aka enlightneed or even had glimpses or deeper relazations) 

i guess this is what's called the ego coming back, and coming back strongly since it has been shunned

please advise as to how to pursue it... maybe avoid that friend or miniminze contact... or just put on a smile and dont let the anger bubble up.. try and consiounessly overcome my ego and allow and just somehow blindly believe that by staying positive about it, i will attract positive and this situation will iron itself out later?

thanks for time to read and reply.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Responding rationally to the moment would be the appropriate move. If anger is quick to take control,then the ability to stay in control and respond/communicate your dislike of the persons behavior and how it is affecting you assertively, not aggressively, would be the way to go.

Either that or minimize, maybe even discontinue the relationship, if the person is not willing to stop the behavior. Adopting enlightened concepts that are not yet in your full comprehension of it's proper meaning or experience is not a good behavioral strategy,imo,. And as you found out yourself when it all crashed.

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

14 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

Adopting enlightened concepts that are not yet in your full comprehension of it's proper meaning or experience is not a good behavioral strategy,imo,. And as you found out yourself when it all crashed.

hmmm

yes, ur right

i feel that it might be this way. that BECAUSE of the fact i have the EGO in me still. thats why i crashed

had i been enlightened, i would not take it personally and thereby allow/accept it

maybe if somehow, someway, i consiously make the effort to allow and just watch closely that i dont burst out later can, in the long run, help the situation.. but i cant help but think that the other person then may take advantage of ur kidness / accpetance (may again this is again the EGo thought, but thats the whole dilemma lol) 

thanks @Big Guru Balls

and nice name lol

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny