molosku

Difference between a signature strenght and a strength

4 posts in this topic

I find it hard to really tell which of my 5 strengths are my true signature strengths. Here they are:

• Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
  • Appreciation of beauty and excellence
  • Humor and playfulness - Signature
  • Curiosity and interest in the world
  • Forgiveness and mercy

Humor is a clear one for me, it is enforced both from the outside world and the inside, I know it's really ME. It's the only one that I'm really sure of, but I'd rank it only as my third greatest strength. What gives? Can I be better in other areas than my signature strength, or is something wrong with my ranking? What is the distinction between a strength and a signature strength? This is also hard because a part of me wants to rank some of those as signature, but I'm really trying to be as honest here as I can.

If it is not obvious at first look, it is not a signature strength? Is it like if someone asks you if you love them and you hesitate even a second, it means you probably don't?

@molosku  for me helped that i retook the test second time after two weeks to double check.

I have also the my first strength the creativity although i am an Accountant and i am not creative at all in my everyday life. I do not have a single artistic hobby, maybe some guitar here and there.

However in my everyday life can make things work whatever the situation by finding new ways to do them. I believe the meaning of creativity that this test talks about is the creative mind capacity to found new ways and carve your own path.

Maybe retake the test after a while, or maybe do other tests about strengths to double check.

@molosku Signature strength is completely unique to you, whereas regular strength is just a general thing which many people can have. So "humor and playfulness" is not your signature strength because so many people have that as a strength and it's not unique at all. It may be a strength of yours, but in order for it to be a signature strength it would have to be a molosku sort of humor or playfulness. It would be a type of humor and playfulness that only you can have. 

A signature strength is basically something you can write down on paper then sign your name under it and it would make complete sense. Pretty much belongs to you.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.