Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikkikc

In My Thoughts

2 posts in this topic

As I began meditating every day for a couple of months now,  I have reached a point in my meditation sessions where I would keep questioning where do I go when I'm in my thoughts, how is it that I could be looking at something but be elsewhere? and where is this elsewhere that consistently keeps robbing me of my consciousness. But what I really struggle with is getting lost in my thoughts. When I meditate it's so easy to become aware of my thoughts and be more present but when I stop and continue my day I always fall back into the trap of letting my thoughts control me. I know it takes practice and consistency to be aware of thoughts but is there any good methods that can make me be more aware of my thoughts as I'm continuing my day. Also, I'm seeing that even if I'm not in my thoughts as much I'm still having a hard time living in the moment do you guys know any good strategies to make you feel more aline with whats happening in the now and not continuously getting trap into your thoughts. 

Edited by nikkikc
wanted to change the title

45 minutes ago, nikkikc said:

When I meditate it's so easy to become aware of my thoughts and be more present but when I stop and continue my day I always fall back into the trap of letting my thoughts control me.

That's normal, it will shift over time if you keep up your practice.

46 minutes ago, nikkikc said:

is there any good methods that can make me be more aware of my thoughts as I'm continuing my day. Also, I'm seeing that even if I'm not in my thoughts as much I'm still having a hard time living in the moment do you guys know any good strategies to make you feel more aline with whats happening in the now and not continuously getting trap into your thoughts. 

Set an alarm on your phone every hour. When the alarm hits, stop what you're doing and just get present for a minute or so.