7thLetter

Psychologically self-sabotaging behavior?

3 posts in this topic

As I think about my past, I’ve noticed that I tend to sabotage some of the things that go well in my life. Mainly around money, but in other areas as well like relationships and progress in the gym.

Could it be that I am earning these things too fast and that causes me to self-sabotage? I have a feeling I have a certain “ceiling” or resistance point that I can’t break through, which causes me to resist and bring me back to my original level. With money for example, back then as a teen I worked a lot and saved up a couple thousand and spent it on bad investments. Went down to 0. And recently cryptocurrencies blew up last summer til’ Dec 2017. I made a couple thousand too fast, got greedy and held it through the decline. Now My portfolio is down 90% at this point.

I can give a ton of examples of this behavior in my life, but what are some tips on how to get rid self-sabotaging behavior? I’m pretty sure a longer term mindset would help, cause I still have a bit of short-term thinking in my life that I need to weed out. And I have already been meditating, and its crazy to me how deep this self-sabotaging behavior is no matter how much inner-work I’ve been doing. Although I wouldn’t say its an extreme case that it ruins everything in my life, but I’d say its in the middle.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Meditation doesn't fix everything. You sound like you have a sub personality issue and that requires a different kind of work. 

What's a sub personality issue?

1 minute ago, Etagnwo said:

Bear in mind it's only a theory. Use it if it's useful or discard it if its not. But explore the possibility and use techniques to integrate the entity back into the psyche. 

No problem.  I'm not against theory, I'm against interpreting theory in unsustainable ways.

Edited by Joseph Maynor