MM1988

Using Negative Emotions for Growth?

3 posts in this topic

I developed a crush on a girl and she didnt feel the same. Im feeling really strong negative emotions because of it for some days now. I didnt talk about it to anyone, I find myself thinking about her having sex with other guys and how she enjoys it. When I see her somewhere I dont run away, I talk to her and even watch her flirt with other guys. 

I find myself seeking out this pain instead of running away, not because I enjoy it but because I have this idea in my mind that I think learning to deal with these negative emotions at home alone by myself could help me grow by facing them head on. I even find myself having religious thoughts about it (very very unusual for me), that "god" sent this negative experience on me to grow me, and using that to convince myself to feel the emotions and just tough it out.

But Im having my doubts if this could be sado masochistic / unhealthy behaviour and if im just torturing myself or if this is really a healthy way to think about it.

Whats your opinion on this?

Move on, it will not do good to you. No woman, no man deserves this compulsory attention from the opposite sex. Be yourself as you are and situations will come. 

@Quanty "Move on", you people here are always talking like if its a choice, and maybe it is to some degree but come on, someone going through a breakup or losing a parent etc. will have some emotions to handle. Its not like anyone here is practically on that level where you are facing something like that and brush it off. Granted, my situation is very minor.

All im doing is accepting rejection, not chasing her and going within myself to deal with these emotions that will come up. I know this attachement will be gone in a couple of weeks max, but there is no way around it I will have to deal with something. If im now starting to feel bad about feeling bad I think this will go in an ugly direction.

Edited by MM1988