Hello from Russia

Can someone suggest good sources of calcium

6 posts in this topic

So, I want to eliminate dairy from my diet but i'm worried about calcium defiecency.
How do you get it in your diets if you're doing dairy-free ? Would be cool to hear of some cheaper sources

Edited by Hello from Russia

You don't have to worry about deficiency much, we don't need as much as is recommended. I'd say at least 500mg a day is enough, try to keep magnesium in 1:1 ratio with calcium and supplement with Vitamin K2 and D3 or sunshine so calcium gets properly absorbed and doesn't end up in places it does not belong.

Highest Sources i am aware of Sesame seeds, Chia seeds, Beans/Legumes, Almonds, Kale, Broccoli, Okra, Oranges, Quinoa ect..

adce63e9e8a1d55b42214bb157603149.jpg

B R E A T H E

Dairy is far from the best source. It is hardly digestible and most of us are intolerant to it. I've read somewhere that only about 20% of the dairy calcium is actually absorbed. Also as Pluto said above, you need other nutrients especially magnesium, Vit D, phosphorus to balance its function otherwise you'll end up with hypercalcaemia and deposition in all sorts of places. Natural calcium comes as a packaged deal with all minerals and vitamins needed to properly absorb it, milk and supplements don't.    

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Greens and Algae. 

35 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Hello from Russia The dairy industry love to tell us that we might get dairy deficits if we quit consuming their products! We actually only need around 250mg of calcium daily but the US rda is set at 1g!  Go figure that out..

Do you have anything to support your 250mg RDA claim?

You need to eat the dairy product If you don't eat it. You can take the healthy green leafy vegetable, almonds, sesame seeds, dried fruit, pulses, fortified soya drink and soya protein in your diet.

Edited by EldonFrami