Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

Meditating While Having A Conversation.

8 posts in this topic

Good, bad? Useful, useless? Tips and/or warnings.

Thanks folks

check out this one

Osho claims that you can live and perform quite well while meditating ... 

He probably predicted that you will ask this one day :)

In fact he answers your question precisely here:

Edited by Steven

"Usual" conversation is all mind. Daily events and things. This is no time for meditation. Unless your Buddha and your always in that state!  When 2 or more people are sharing a mutual space, spiritually through the use of words, that can be a very enlightening experience for all. That could be close to meditation. But not meditation in it's true meaning. Set time aside to do nothing but your meditation. Let that deep  silence that is found in meditation integrate naturally with everything. 

@WhoisJon Actually I think that to have success in this practice you must have this "micro" mindful moments in your daily life. When I started to do this my mindfulness started to develop more quickly. :)

Only this moment exists. It's all one snapshot.          Edit; that just came out of nowhere!

Edited by cetus56

you can do that if you let go of control, the words will flow out but it wont be you thats speaking. it can be really refreshing specially with people you're close to. just try it out!

Edited by Lorenzo Engel

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

its really nice because you can relax from what you are speaking and just focus on the moment and trully love it

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Thanks for all your replies, I'll just mix it up. Experiment and what not.