Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

What People Striving for Success Should Know

7 posts in this topic

||Due to some interest and demand, I decided to share with you another paragraph of the book that I'm currently writing on that, in this particular excerpt, focuses on success and its correlation to the necessity for self-actualisation. You're more than welcome to let me know what you think and if that which you can read is/was intersting, exciting and/or helpful to you as I'm very very grateful for any feedback, since I haven't received that much as of yet.||

"[...] Art – the celebration of creation and life without any purpose other than itself, executed with focus on nothing at all but the immediate present moment of its expression.

Whenever you’re not creating art, what you strive for is success. Success can be whatever you want it to be, but essentially it means overcoming yourself to achieve results that you were previously unable to achieve. Realising and actualising your own potential over and over again is what success comes down to. To stretch the boundaries, beat the odds and see to which places life can take you. Success is change and change is life. Thus, success manifests itself when a certain threshold of stagnation and monotony is reached. There’s always only so much capacity for beating a dead horse even more dead until something has to happen. Therefore, since nothing can remain constant over a long enough time span anyway, success is ultimately unlimited – you’ll never reach its end, but paradoxically you have to go for it nonetheless, or else life will be(come) worthless to you. Success behaves like a slingshot, in the sense that the further you can stretch it in the direction of personal discomfort and boundaries, beyond the point which seems impassable to you, the further it will catapult you into the direction of achieving your goals, generally speaking. Fundamentally, you need nothing else to achieve success other than your own will and your capacity for creating a strong enough vision for yourself. Your vision is going to be your constant motivation, and your will that which keeps you doing whatever it takes to do. Striving for success automatically means failing – a lot sometimes. Learning is essentially experiencing how to not do something in order to get it right. So, if you can’t get things right, apparently you haven’t had enough experience as how to not do something. People who are exceedingly proficient at what they do are often times also able to make it look very easy. What mostly remains unseen though is their entire journey to perfection that they have embarked on long ago, and more often than not it only becomes visible when one tries to do it himself. To become good at something, some effort is required. To become extraordinary at something, a lot of effort is required – but to become a master, it needs to be something that comes naturally to you. This is because if something comes naturally to you, you don’t regard what you’re doing as work or as a straining process of demotivating failing and learning, but it takes on a nature of playfulness and it’s more like a game to you that you can enjoy at any point throughout its course. Therefore, the best work one can do is never done by forcing oneself to do it but by deliberately wanting to do it voluntarily. This is not to be used as an excuse for lacking discipline though! Discipline is still necessary to achieve those things that are necessary and important to you and is best attained through the realisation of the thrill and relevance of self-actualisation. The level to which you can self-actualise your inner potential is the level to which you can be successful (in overcoming yourself further and further in order to achieve your goals and personal vision). True self-actualisation and the striving for success often come together to go hand in hand when the time comes in which you have to execute on your vision and planned actions. To be able to carry out certain actions in life, a correspondingly adequate level of embodiment of self-actualisation is required. A high level of successfully embodied self-actualisation will then allow you to establish and maintain foundations in your life easier and more effortless than ever before."

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

UPDATE: "The level to which any particular action is executed based upon one’s own willingness, passion and enthusiasm, is in direct proportion to the quality of its outcome."

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

5 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

UPDATE: "The level to which any particular action is executed based upon one’s own willingness, passion and enthusiasm, is in direct proportion to the quality of its outcome."

The idea brother is good, the difficult part is how do you manufacture that enthusiasm for your goal? There are plenty of people who know what they are meant to do, but either lack the courage or motiation. The secret lies in the "how" not in the "what."

@fireworld Sure, that's why we have Leo and his LP-course, right?:P
But I appreciate the feedback though! This is obviously just a shorter excerpt, so I will surely talk about what you've mentioned somewhere in the book. 

Edited by DocHoliday

@DocHoliday

I understand how the concept of values and motivation works, but to genereate undying motivation and drive is something very unique and something that i still haven't been able to decode.

@fireworld Well, first you'd have to find out what motivates you the most - either it's yourself or other people. If it's yourself then feel free to flat-out self-aggrandise yourself and push your ego by doing egoic things, but if it's the thriving of other people that motivates you, then find something that enables you to do that. To find the perfect marriage of both would certainly be the most ideal goal to shoot for, because in the end, there's obviously no difference at all between "you" and "other people". Creating in and of itself is very motivating and fulfilling, so if you're not creating something, try to push yourself into that direction, I guess.

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for Edit: Grammar

I also think that strong motivation is achieved through the realisation of the beauty of giving. If you can manage to give away something of value to others, the will give you sooo much more back in return. That can definetely be very very motivating, especially if one already knows directly or indirectly that what he is creating is in fact truly valuable and impactful.