lukmi

Is one possible LP obstructing the other?

1 post in this topic

Hello people,

there is a clash going on inside my head where two things that I could be working on are competing about me. On the one hand side, there is my desire to build electronics which will enable people to make space habitable, and on the other hand side there is the idea of fighting against digital surveillance - of big corporations and governments spying on people, free and open source versus proprietary software, and the whole privacy & security concern.

I am sort of trying to pursue the former goal but am distracted by the latter - I want to do tech projects at home but when I am doing my daily work on my computer, some proprietary software crosses my way which I am suspicious of. Or I am asked to use this or that service in collaboration with other people that I don't trust with my data.

I heard Leo talking about me having to make a choice as to what my life is going to be about. Is this one of these situations where I have to drop one thing for the other or may there be a way where I combine both?

Thank you for your opinions!