Pernani

a systematic course in yoga and kriya by swami satyanda

7 posts in this topic

I've been thinkin about starting a yoga practice so I got the PDF of this book for free, and I must say it's one hella huge book  of almost 1000 pages split in half, I haven't finished the book yet, I've actually only started reading it and it looks to me like the perfect book for a newbie who knows nothing abt yoga, but I've been wondering about what people who  have read and practiced the book think about it and how does it compare to the other book that leo recommended 

It's good to have one handbook where all techniques are explained in detail. In addition I recommend SantataGamana's books for the short and easy explanations. The mind loves complex stuff, so it's sometimes better to have it all in a clear and focussed form without any distractions.

What's the difference between a duck?

10 minutes ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

It's good to have one handbook where all techniques are explained in detail. In addition I recommend SantataGamana's books for the short and easy explanations. The mind loves complex stuff, so it's sometimes better to have it all in a clear and focussed form without any distractions.

But I've heard that the techniques in his books are for people who've already been doing yoga before

IMO it gives you a better direction for your practice. Unless you want to lear 100+ Mudras, Asanas etc. that bring you rather weak results.

But yeah, in Gamanas books there are some practices for advanced Yogis. He explains how you can prepare yourself to do them.

8 minutes ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

IMO it gives you a better direction for your practice. Unless you want to lear 100+ Mudras, Asanas etc. that bring you rather weak results.

But yeah, in Gamanas books there are some practices for advanced Yogis. He explains how you can prepare yourself to do them.

Which book do you suggest i start with?

All of Gamanas books are good. Also have a look at Leo's booklist. There is a new Yoga section.

2 hours ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

All of Gamanas books are good. Also have a look at Leo's booklist. There is a new Yoga section.

There is? Sucks that I dont have it, anyways thanks for your input!

I would love to get other people's opinions about this,  but I can feel it's about to get dry as an arabian sahara ?