Itay Spiegel

Tabbaco Smoking and other addictions

4 posts in this topic

I'm 18 years old and consider myself a pretty much healthy person. i don't eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs, and vegtables is somthing i eat alot. i used to be in a serious professional sport framework (water polo, 5 practices a week) for somthing like 4 years until the age of 15 or 16. from then on until today most of the sport i do is during sport classes in school. since the end of sport classes i didn't get to do much sport. i do ride my bike almost everywhere and walk alot.  

Most of the people i know smoke ciggarettes. including my close friends and my girlfriend, what makes me a passive smoker. they mostly smoke cigarettes out of addiction but also smoke weed on occasions for the hack of it. they usually drink alcohol on these occasions, and i don't participate in the drinking. don't preach to them about how they shouldn't do it, but I do feel that it is really a mistake in terms of health. I don't like the feeling i get from the tobbaco from smoking. also, i really think it's one of the ways we are killing ourselfs and taking life for granted, that's why i don't smoke. with that in mind, smoking weed is in my interst for the last few months because of the different experience, curiosity for other states of being, and my practice of trying new things. I only smoke with other people and I never don't smoked only tabbaco, but when i smoke weed with friends, they mix it with tabbaco. 

since the last three times i smoked out of something like 7 in my life (i don't smoke activly more that one time in two weeks max), i am feeling the tabacco in my body. i literally feel it in my body and it's a feeling of dirt in the body and this kind of disgustingness that i really don't like. I got to feel it in the past after i went to music jams in a bar underground which was filled with ciggarette smoke. but now it's really more present. ecpacially after i ran a week ago and i really really felt the dirt of it.  last time i got the opportunity to smoke weed i dissmised it because i didn't want the tobbaco in it. 

it is important to say that my adults friends that i play music with always talk about their addictions and how they want to quit and i get to see them fail in their attempts again and again. they also talk about their other addictions, to Coca-Cola, and shit like that. my friends that are in my age on the other hand don't try to stop, and they are having fun with their smoking and drinking habits, for now. 

now i feel like it was a great experience and it proved me on a more personal level that choosing to smoke tabacco as a habit will probably do more damage to me then it will be useful to my body and my life. 

I would like to know- what is your experience with cigarettes? do you feel like i'm wrong and it's actually really helping you in your journy of health? 

do you know any good documentaries on the tobacco industry? on weed addictions? on the sweetened drinks, alcohol or food industry? 

i would really like to know more about how companies seduce us with advertising, misinformation and all kinds of trickery to become addicted to their product and then become sick so we would be ignorant enough to fall to their trap and buy lots of medications and treatments that won't help us. 

i would really aprecciate your help .  :ph34r:

My opinion on tobacco recently changed after I took the advice from this book

51+6L6FnRzL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and gave safer modes of tobacco a try.

I find them to be a boon to my productivity, mental alertness, and mood. 

However, in the book he gives a clear warning "DON'T FUCKING SMOKE CIGARETTES"

I have been dry vaping natural tobacco leaves. ANd find it to be a fine elegant solution, my lungs feel great.

I used to smoke cigarettes many moons ago, and considered it to be pure stupidity.

However, recently I have been giving attention to the idea that nicotine can be a beneficial agent.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/nicotine-effects-brain/

https://bebrainfit.com/acetylcholine-neurotransmitter/

Something I have noticed is that it feels like my brain has come back online as I have reintroduced nicotine.

Something I will caution against is thinking of addiction as a purely psychological mind thing.

If you stop smoking you will feel something off with your cognitive function and your alertness and it won't just be in your mind.

The kingdom of heaven is within.