Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highest

Animal question

3 posts in this topic

Is it immoral, unrighteous, to kill an animal? In other words a being, alive and aware. I believe it is, altough I still eat meat. I have seen cows die real time, and it's clear that they do not like it, they do not want to die which is why all the fighting before and after. It knows death is coming and it is afraid, just like us.

What do you think?

I've been thinking about being a vegetarian for a long time. I don't think it's immoral or unrighteous to kill an animal since nature works like that. But just because nature works like that, we don't have to live like that? If we were truly part of nature, we wouldn't drink water from our taps.

But I don't agree with the cruelty that mass produced animals have to face either, such as cramped spaces, injected with steroids and physical abuse (in certain cases). I would probably agree with natural-bred and fed animals who are free-range. Also that they are then slaughtered at an very old age (not forced into death), and in a peaceful manner

Still, I would prefer eating vegetables than forcing an animal to face death.

You're not human, you're the universe

Morality is a relative society based concept. There is no wrong in killing another human being per example nor an animal. But you won't feel the need if you feel yourself fully. 

One causes harm or death because one is suffering. The harmony in each of us will not lead to destruction, only disharmony.