Anton Rogachevski

Going from "personal development" to true spirituality

2 posts in this topic

While personal development is talking about results, spirituality is the let go of results in favour of letting reality be just as it is. It's all about working on bad personality traits as: impatience and perfectionism which led to all the problems in the first place. Are you  truly ready to let go of results completely?

I am a "perfectionist" and working in the domain of arts. My work is "perfect" when I can express myself fully, and that is quite hard, because that requires entire spontaneity and with that comes the fear of letting go. The exact same fear that I meet when I get deeper with my inquiry. I agree, "results" are the mistake, your old self that doesn't want to let your true self arise. The old self is the one that is "normal" and "knows" everything about anything and doesn't want innovation. The true self doesn't require anything. It is just being, and the "results" just come, without any attention being given to it.

You can not simply let go and be in the "true reality". That is new age bullshit. Everything requires work, a vision, desire, struggling almost everyday, meeting obstacles and solving them etc. You can not reach intelligence by just staying and smelling flowers. You can do that, but it depends if you have a vision, if you found your "life purpose", if you know yourself. Any individual who knows himself have much activity to do. Because the self is an infinite creator and a very joyful man. 

The letting go that you talk of will come naturally. People don't know until they experience. It is hard to realize and easy to "know" and to be a follower. Personal development is helpful, but just until a point, because it is superficial, concrete, "commercial". With spirituality you work different. Intuition comes in action and the beloved "I" that you know nothing of. Everything changes in spirituality. You just need desire to know, because that will lead you to knowledge. Because everything is a mistery here, and that is the good thing about it.