Josh2

How Do I Design A Balance Between School, Self-actualization, And Business?

3 posts in this topic

Hey There,

My name is Nicolas and I am 14 years old. I am planning to start a business in Germany (live in Berlin), and I will be building a website for the start. I am currently doing well in school...but through self actualization work and new business ideas to create services, I do not have enough time to accomplish everything. I usually end up having a couple of activities left behind (that I need to complete). Sometimes I lack sleep as well. I would like to ask for advice to how I can prioritize my activities better and how to be more efficient. I honestly have a lot of fun working on my website (still at the beginning phase) and doing self actualization work, and I think that this has more value than my school work (I get to create something that also fits to my purpose and life vision). However, in my family, we stress the importance of school and if I get bad grades, I may have to stop the business and limit my self actualization time. I want to create a great balance in order to achieve a great standard in these areas in my life. 

Anyway, I would like to say that I love you Leo! You inspire me and I see all your new videos. You have contributed to my life in a very positive way and I wish you all the best from Germany!

Best Regards, Nicolas

Edited by Nicolas

Developing and expanding in one area usually means neglecting other as a cost of it.

When I started to coach ppl while studying it considerably compromised my time for other areas of my life such as training, diet, social relationships so  I slacked off in school, because I didn't want to neglect those areas.
Eventually I ended up quitting coaching people at that time and focused on being a student.
Making money as a teenager feels great, but what I would focus more on is relationship with money and skill of money management, because those can be exercized without a compromise in time, unlike creating a business.

On the other side You may suffer from compromising school and other areas, but develop a nice skill in HTML5, CSS, C++, Python, etc. which could give You an edge if You proceeded to develop in this area as a professional.

Whatever You're going expand at remember:
Everything has its price. You will have to tradeoff time, psychological & physical health, You name it - You can't get it all, so You have to be smart about Your priorities.

Don't expect Your first business to be amazing - I don't mean there are no exceptions, but usually first experiences with entrepreneurship are more of brutal lessons than great succeses.
It says a son of a woman who's built 8 companies from scratch lost millions throughout the process and earnt other millions as a combination of payoff for persistence and being smart (and lucky).

@Nicolas

Hey Nicolas! First of all, starting a business at such a young age is not always positive ;)

I would say that you should focus on school and learn to network with other people, who knows some of your fellow classmates might have a mom/dad who works with something you might want help with. And then when you decide you're focus on 100% on the business these connections can be INVALUABLE.

The best way for you to be more productive is to make sure your body is healthy first. A schedule over your day might do wonders for you. I will give you an example you can play around with to find out what works best for you.

This was my schedule when I went to school, but I dropped out due to multiple reasons, which is NOT for everybody.

Note that this was a rough estimation 

06 - 07 Wake up, exercise, shower, get dressed

07 - 08 Breakfast, read a book I enjoy (non-fictional)

08 - 09 Commute to school

09 - 15 School, was using Pomodoro technique later on.

15 - 16 Commute home 

16 - 17 Homework 

17 - 18 Dinner

18 - 19 SD

19 - 20 Something that I find fun to do.

20 - 22 Eating, reading fictional and getting ready for bed (No phone, computer, tv etc.)

22 - 06 Sleeping.

From time to time I also listened to a audiobook on the commute rides, else I just used that time to calm myself down from a hectic school day