Soumya

Attaching Emotions To Your Goals

12 posts in this topic

Hi!

I get up early in the morning, I have sustained it for almost 15 days. What drives me to get up early in the morning is "negative motivation". I listen to songs and laments of the ones who had dreamed big but failed. The moment I listen to them I get attached to my goals emotionally. I am in a process of accepting  failures  , but then they are fine as long as I have given my 100%. When I put myself in the position wherein I have lost my dreams, goals and vision , a sudden surge of energy runs through my spine. I become aware if I am wasting time or being unproductive. It is helping me to be productive. It helps me to get out of my bed and think about my dreams , it forces me to study well and be focused.

I have watched Leo's video on negative motivation vs positive motivation. I am using negative motivation and it has worked well for me .  Am I doing it the right way? Share your thoughts please !

Thank you!

Look here:

I know you are already on a good path, since we talked a lot and I read your journal on a regular basis. Set your goals - think about the way towards it "What does it take?" - DO IT. Step by step, day by day. Strategy and plans really help here. It's ok to fail sometimes, it's normal, it's part of the progress - accept it.

I believe you are too harsh on yourself, when you fail. Your plans are quite strict and impressive. So it would be still ok if you take 2 hours for studying instead 4 hours (saw it in your journal). Don't burn yourself out, relax. Take your time to refill on energy.

I also believe you should integrate work on your past and mental health. It seems like there is an emptiness, you are trying to compensate.

From my point of view you are already doing so well! I'm so happy about your progress! Keep your head up and don't panic, you will achieve what you want - I'm 100% sure. ;) No need to worry, just keep focussing on your goals!

@Anna- watched the video.

There's certain things I have been doing wrong, though I am almost on track. My vision is myopic, a switch between macro and micro perspective is tough for me. This video is absolute liberation and one of his best videos , thank you Leo ! You remember me expressing fear over clarity and coherence? I relate it now.

I will be a week away and be a strategic motherf*cker  when I am back :)

On 12.3.2016 at 3:51 PM, Soumya said:

Hi!

I get up early in the morning, I have sustained it for almost 15 days. What drives me to get up early in the morning is "negative motivation". I listen to songs and laments of the ones who had dreamed big but failed. The moment I listen to them I get attached to my goals emotionally. I am in a process of accepting  failures  , but then they are fine as long as I have given my 100%. When I put myself in the position wherein I have lost my dreams, goals and vision , a sudden surge of energy runs through my spine. I become aware if I am wasting time or being unproductive. It is helping me to be productive. It helps me to get out of my bed and think about my dreams , it forces me to study well and be focused.

I have watched Leo's video on negative motivation vs positive motivation. I am using negative motivation and it has worked well for me .  Am I doing it the right way? Share your thoughts please !

Thank you!

as it apparently serves the purpose, it can only be right :)

I never really considered using negative motivation in such a way..but I got to admit that it sounds pretty inspiring.

What are for example such songs that you listen to?

Thanks for sharing ;) Shalom!

15 hours ago, David_warrior said:

What are for example such songs that you listen to?

It's intense , I do not know what would it exactly trigger in you?

But it triggers a remorse in me!

Negative motivation is cool for short periods of time but if you need to devote your life to the mastery of a certain skill its not a decent way to achieve that. It will only make you miserable in the long run as you are driven by fear instead of love. It might look like that fear induces an intense drive but i'd say that its nothing compared to the drive that love manifests in us. 

2 hours ago, Electron said:

. It will only make you miserable in the long run as you are driven by fear instead of love

Negative emotions make me feel miserable as well as remorseful . I used to be very competitive before, but the fear of failure has crept in to me in such a subtle way ,and now my mind says that it's ok to fail. But it's not ok to fail , if you fail its just a reminder that you have not tried enough. It's just that you speak and don't act. Love might show you the right way but it makes me feel comfortable. Fear drives me to an emotionally uncomfortable zone , the fear of not achieving my goals , the fear of underperformance helps me understand where I am going wrong. When I set my targets and don't achieve them an uneasiness develops , the fear in me inspires me to perform well the next day

@Electron - yes I need a negative motivation to achieve a short term goal , if I do well I might excel at it in a year or two. I understand that nothing can replace love!

5 hours ago, Soumya said:

It's intense , I do not know what would it exactly trigger in you?

But it triggers a remorse in me!

hmm not sure myself yet (some kind of tension)...but might try it out at some point.

Thanks ;)

For me there are no such thing negative or positive motivations, just the mind works. Use everything you have to moving forward.

For example I use fear to dare me to do what I really want to do but don't have balls. I hate being scared to do something so I do it, I don't think that's negative energy.

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul