Zane

Starting Spiritual Journey

2 posts in this topic

I've been on a hot streak regarding synchronities this May. In just a single month, I shifted my outlook on the job hunt, and decided to take a gamble and pursue my passion seriously. It's resulted in AMAZING synchronities! In just, two weeks, I had 8 interviews. I've had mind blowing surreal experiences that felt like a direct translation of my abstract imagination. The burlesque, Rocky Horror, and my new friends strongly mirror my deepest passions!! It's......shocking!!!!! I felt overwhelmed by this madness and a total loss from inhibitions and cackled manically with overjoyed laughter. However, nobody was judging me, because I was in a burlesque setting, and they LOVED my energy!!!! I had coffee with a Goblin King cosplayer and it felt............crazy!!!! He invited me to an Ecstatic Dance event and it felt like a channeling of that manic energy into spontaneous dancing. These experiences are confounding and led me to ask "why does this keep happening? What is the process of it?" I decided to start pursuing new spiritual outlets like a motivational conversation group, Shamanic Drumming, and a deep breathing workshop focused on conveying love through deep eye gazing. There could be a variety of answers but these experiences feel strongly Shamanic or a lucid dream where it feels so overwhelmingly surreal and dreamlike and so crazy that I burst into laughter every time I tell these stories. 

7 minutes ago, Zane said:

I shifted my outlook on the job hunt, and decided to take a gamble and pursue my passion seriously.

The Buddha said, "Those who have passions are never able to perceive the Way; for it is like stirring up clear water with hands; people may come there wishing to find a reflection of their faces, which, however, they will never see. A mind troubled and vexed with the passions is impure, and on that account it never sees the Way. O monks, do away with passions. When the dirt of passion is removed the Way will manifest itself."

Passion is a sort of fever, a sort of trembling of your being, a sort of inner wavering. Passions means you are not content as you are.  You can drop the worldly passions - many people do. They become sadhus, monks, they move to the monasteries, but they don't drop the passion as such. Their achiever's mind still continues, only their language has changed.