Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osm

Deep breathing? Osho Dynamic Meditation? Shadow work?

11 posts in this topic

I just found out about osho's dynamic meditation, and it has "Second stage" which is similar to the deep breathing and letting go of the trapped emotions concepts.

My question is this whats the relationship between them? is it the same thing? and does all this count as a "Shadow work" ?

As this is a new-age concepts there is no reliable resources out there so i would love if you provide any information or personal experience that you think would be valuable.

2 hours ago, Osm said:

it has "Second stage" which is similar to the deep breathing

in second stage, it is not systematic deep breathing, it is chaotic breathing. If the pattern of breathing is changed very suddenly and briskly, then your whole inner state undergoes a complete change. It is in such a situation that a feeling of utter strangeness overwhelms you, and you separate yourself from the body. Not that you do it, the separation happens on its own. The creation of such moments of strangeness is very important for awareness.

Breathing in any methodological manner will again turn into a system. But it will lose all strangeness about it. 

As I understand it, the Second Stage is supposed to charge you up with energy. If you do it right, you should feel like you are about to explode. On the other hand, the Third Stage is where the letting go takes place, where the emotions/shadow can be released.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Thanks @Prabhaker @okulele

So Osho's Dynamic Meditation does count as Shadow work and it releases trapped emotions.

which means its optional to do it instead of Shamanic breathing or any other sort of bioenergetics? because it kinda combines them?

I would say yes. All of these methods basically work with the emotional body. However Shamanic Breathing seems to have the ability to take you far, far beyond emotional release only. All the way to no-mind and non-duality (that's my guess). I'm not sure if it's possible with Osho's Dynamic Meditation. But hey, that's just my guess!

@okulele But isnt Shamanic breathing just the 1st stage of Osho's Dynamic Mediation?

18 hours ago, Osm said:

So Osho's Dynamic Meditation does count as Shadow work and it releases trapped emotions.

Do Dynamic Meditation for 90 days and you will know yourself that any Shadow work is needed or not.

Edited by Prabhaker

19 hours ago, Osm said:

@okulele But isnt Shamanic breathing just the 1st stage of Osho's Dynamic Mediation?

Nope. In the first stage you are supposed to breathe in a chaotic way with the emphasis on the out breath.

In Leo's shamanic breathing, you are supposed to breathe evenly without breaks.

I'll try another take on it. Osho's meditation charges you up and you explode with everything that's inside you. Leo's breathing lets you go into a sort of trans state, where you just go deeper, deeper, deeper... :D And slowly start opening the body up.

Not much use discussing it really. Try both of them and see for yourself.

@Prabhaker @okulele Then the only way to find out is to just try both, its just that im the type of person who tries to understand the whole process before he goes through the journey lol.

And also i started getting ego backlashes just after a week of mindful meditation (it really made me conscious throughout the day) and getting rid of some bad habits and addictions, the backlash got me feeling guilty and kinda depressed. this is what made me think that i got some demons inside me to deal with.

@Osm Oh, I'm sure you have more demons than you imagine. Good luck with them, we all have to face them at some point.

And I have a secret to share! All the scary demons are actually just small, scared children wanting a bit of love :)