mia_lea

Got stuck in the Life Purpose Course, help!

5 posts in this topic

I got stuck in the course (and in life?) and I cannot move as I simply do not know what satisfies me, I do all the exercises but I cannot move forward (I am on 60 video).

2 years ago, I was burned out at work, I worked as HR dealing with recruitment (9 to 5 work). After 3 years of working my job stopped being fun for me, I did not enjoy my working environment and structure changed and a few my responsibilities.

I quit, I travelled a bit, I worked remotely part-time for over 1,5 year. I had time for everything I did not have before but this work was not developing me, I also worked on my own in my house so no friends from work, no social interactions and only 2-3 hours per day of work (it was just a boss and me at this company). Money not so good. But it was not the most important.

In the meantime, I started to help part-time my boyfriend in HR area as he has two companies (each around 10 ppl).   I do not know why but I have to force myself to do anything there, I do not feel it. As a result, I do not do anything related to work. He told me that I can do whatever I want in the company what makes me happy but still – I do not know what.

I consider coming back to 5 to 9 work as I want to have structure, friends from work and be paid according to my education and experience. On the other hand, I quit the work as I believe we were not born to spend 8-10 hour at work every single day and do not have time for cooking, for your family, for reading books and exercise.

I do not feel like working on my own (I do not want to start a business).

I started a therapy 1 month ago as I come to a conclusion that I do not understand myself, I do not know what I need what frustrates me (I am a person who likes finding solutions and improvements fast). It turns out that I get bored very easily. Right not I have 100% freedom, no job satisfaction (and satisfaction in life as a result) and no direction I would like to go.

Any ideas how to find me in this situation? Leo asks in the exercises about finding your purpose but I do not know what it is. I feel powerless.

Edited by mia_lea

I get the feeling that you need to explore.

What things light you up inside? Move in that direction with an open mind. Watch YouTube videos and read books about whatever it is you think you might be passionate about. That’s what you’re looking for, is the passion. 

What do you think you are passionate about? Give me the top three things you love most in life and I’ll try to help more. 

12 hours ago, mia_lea said:

It turns out that I get bored very easily. Right not I have 100% freedom, no job satisfaction (and satisfaction in life as a result) and no direction I would like to go.

Are you the type of person who could just choose a goal - ANY goal - and go for it? Not try figuring out "purpose" and "passion" and just go for the satisfaction of accomplishing something you have decided to accomplish?

Watch the "small bets" video (82). Just to know that even if you do find that "big" purpose you'll gonna have to test the waters. 

@Elisabeth Yes, I could choose a goal and go for it if I have this 'spark' which says: yes, this fascinates me.

I'm with you @mia_lea. I'm a hard worker... but have lost the magic passion.

I feel like if I had a platform I truly believed in I could quite easily sacrifice myself to that and feel impactful with purpose again. The trouble is that I have invested massively into something I don't truly believe in and my self definition has faded somewhat. Doing the course presented me with unanswerable questions.

I'm starting some coaching next week, I hope that leads me somewhere.