GodelEscherBach

To Fap Or Not To Fap

13 posts in this topic

Is masturbation good or bad? Can it become an obstacle to enlightenment? 

i know it can affect a fight performance, gains at the gym, social anxiety, depression levels, etc.

When i don't play with myself for say ..2 weeks.. I fell I could give a speech in front o f a stadium and don't give a f..k. Or talk to the hottest girl on earth, or discuss business with the CEO of the company, etc. I feel more confident but also more stressed out and irritable and can't concentrate on my work (composing classical music, practicing piano, doing assignments etc) ...because I am thinking about boobies.

Then I fap, and problem solved! im only thinking about my work, so I go back to composing or reading or doing Personal Development, something productive etc

@GodelEscherBach

And where you get this idea that masturbation is step closer to become enlightenment ? The only thing keeping you from getting enlightenment  is the being seeker of enlightenment . When you grasp that and fully realize that, you will ''allow'' enlightenment to happen. 

Anyway, i do not get the point of this masturbation issue on forum. So many people are obsessed with these FAP/NO FAP issues. They seek some validation on forum when they complete some challenge, and right after that they will fap the shit of out themselves. Why ? Because they would not need a challenge in first place in order not do it. You just simply quit... period.

So please stop bullshiting yourself :) If you wanted to stop fapping, you would do it already by yourself. You either lie to yourself or not. 

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

Why fap when you can have sex? If the answer is you can't get someone to have sex with you, there you have the thing you want to fix. Not the fact you either should fap or not, the issue with fapping is simply the manifestation of the inability to attract a sexual mate. This inability probably stems from deeper self esteem issues, these issues are probably not related to fapping.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

No one can tell you what is right for your body but you. No one answer is right for everyone unless it always leads to a positive result. And even when something appears to be true, you have to look for hidden harm. 

How do you know what happens when you do or don't do anything isn't just your imagination? The placebo effect is a great example. 

When you get the urge, do it, don't do it. When you get to the absolute core, it doesn't fucking matter either way. No one else truly cares what you do with your own genitals - and if they have anything to say at all, they are just judging and projecting, and you don't need that in your life. Besides, anything that does or doesn't happen, whether you do or do not do 'the thing' is simply your imagination anyways. 

That is maybe what Leo should talk about. :) 

sex gets in the middle of my work. I can get a sexual partner easily but that involves spending time and money. If not lucky and instead of One night stand becomes a relationship (happened before) then goodbye work. I have never progress so much in my life as when i was single. I will wake up do my thing all day, go to sleep thinking about my thing, dream about my thing, and wake up thinking about my thing. 

I think that is the virtuous cycle of Mastery. 

Fapping takes the sexual desire out of mind.

How wants to go out chasing girls after the good old wanka?

Funny Shakespeare reference in the titel, lol.

Not fapping can give you more lifeforce, but after some months it can become a little depressive. Be aware if no-fapping becomes a thing you depend on, like 'when I fap, I am wasting my life'. Not that it becomes a way to measure your development.

Not masturbating gives you like a life glitch I think. There is more interest in life. Definitely I would recommend to do when you want to be without distraction to focus more on the things that matter more to you. The effects of no fapping feels like you are a man. I do not know if this is only the case in ego. Half a year ago I have done it for a few months, there felt something 'off' at the end. 

I may try it again

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Fapping is never the answer. Source: Me

I'm on a 100+ day streak and I'm pretty sure if I was still fapping I wouldn't have the energy or balls (get it) to transform my life the way I was able to in the last few months.

Is there no better question to ask Leo, really? xD

Here is a video considering enlightment stuff (might be helpful or even answer):

@Thomas haha it looks like you are fapping in your pic

Yeah, from a productivity point of view, I am more productive when i Fap. Because say in a 10 minutes Fap i take the sex and desire out of mind, Then my mind only focuses on my work.

When I don't Fap I am thinking about sex while working, so I stop working and start texting girls to go out, then i go out, I spend money and the whole evening doing the sex, then the next morning maybe more money in breakfast and some time with the girl. Conclusion I spent like 12 hours doing nothing. Yesterday I composed a 2 part invention in 12 hours. get my point?

@GodelEscherBach Sounds like you're viewing sex from a negative paradigm. Sure, it is meaningless from a certain point of view but in the grand scheme of things everything is. Don't surpress your natural urges, they are healthy and there for a reason. Go out, enjoy yourself and focus on your work afterwards (I think not ejaculating will help you with energy levels).

Edited by Neuroticon

I would also like a video on this topic.

And seriously, people, why the negativity?  Just because you think it's a stupid topic doesn't mean it holds no value to the community.  Jeez.

It's funny how once someone gets the answer in their lives, and they think "It's so obvious!", they can't figure out that other people haven't figured it out yet.  It really comes across as demeaning.  Many in this forum would benefit from putting themselves in the novice's shoes before commenting.

Good video suggestion, GEB.