Stef

How Arrogance Is Holding You Back

4 posts in this topic

One of the biggest adversaries of self-improvement has to be arrogance. 

We've all had moments when we were too arrogant to try out a new idea. We're big know-it-all's that don't need to learn about or research a subject. We feel that we're superior to others and that ends up in depriving of us of meaningful interactions. We think we're fine on our own and don't need anyone's advice.

Well?

I think for most people the problem is the fear to explore new territories rather than arrogance. The fear of becoming lost, the fear of looking like a fool in unknown territory. Life is an exploration and without a map we quickly feel we will be lost when we don't look on it.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Very good points.

This reminds me of my husband and I and our boys and their cousins - we all went out to see the movie, Tin Tin, someone who is fearless and helpful and loves adventures. Of course, it plays out differently in real life.

Edited by Key Elements

Being arrogant usually didn't make me not try any new idea. And I'm hell arrogant. 
It might sound weird, but it's the reverse - I will digg and digg, and check the idea from every angle and from that verify if it's worth applying to my life or is complete bullshit. 
I might of course argue to death, but if You'll eventually prove Your point - I take it as WIN/WIN. I benefit from You depleting me from dogma or any kind of unresourceful, negative idea, concept, misinformation.

My arrogance needs substance, needs fuel to justify itself.