Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JOEE

Intermittent Fasting

3 posts in this topic

Anyone else doing intermittent fasting?? 

I'm currently eating between 1 & 9pm only. nutritious diet mostly, but I now enjoy my favorite treats daily. It seems like the body enjoys the routine. I don't get hungry before 1 and I am quickly satisfied after eating so im cutting probably around 500-600 cal/day without noticing. 

It seems this might be the way to go! 

I do btw take protein powder on workout days. So I kind of break the fast a bit. I train between 8-10 every other day. I might switch to bcaas in pill form. 

If anyone has any advice on protein intake during fasted workouts please share! 

Been eating in a 6 hour window for about a year. It feels great after you get acclimated to it. Found a better variation though:

Working out 6 days a week, I also eat well 6 days a week, no fasting. Trying to maximize growth.

On my resting day, instead of doing a cheat day or something silly like that, I fast on water for 36 hours straight.
It is producing insane results. I am melting away while growing muscle, it seems unreal...

I find it easier to be really hungry for a day then a little hungry every day.
In 36 I should be melting away 3000-4000 cal, and it sure as hell shows. No muscle loss, in fact the opposite.

As far as protein goes, a protein shake after a workout is more then enough. This is assuming you protein from food sources during the rest of the day.
I don't think anyone really needs BCAA or anything other supplement, but you can try it and see how it goes. This is assuming you want o have a beach body, not a pro body builder body, that's a whole different ballgame.

Keep ripping and luck soldier. :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Thanks man! I'm trying out different plans and I'll see what works best for me.

I think your right about the bcaas. Unless you wanna look like Arnold S you probably don't need them..