Robert

Is talent really a myth?

28 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2018 at 8:37 AM, blazed said:

It's both.

There is an element of talent, and that's how your entire body is wired. Nature has effects as well as nuture.

Some people have photographic memory (these people usually have other problems like autism, etc) and if you look at a city scape and try to compete in drawing from memory you will lose, not because of the hard work they put in but mainly because they're better wired for it.

These days in olympic sports people get scouted on their genetics and ability to do something well. Just look at the fastest sprinters in the world.

Very true. Great examples.

However, here's the thing, you can't do anything about your talent so theres no point on focusing on it, you can only focus on learning and practicing, and maintaining a optimal body and schedule, that's all, so put all your attention on that.

Good advice. But it's also important to think about this stuff because it will be crucial to your success later on. That's why Leo has so many exercises in the LP course on what to decide on when it comes to mastery, skills, impact, etc. Then once you decide on all of that, it's practice, practice, practice.

Being able to work hard is also a talent, you can have some really talented people who failed because they had no talent in the ability to get things done.

Having the talent to grind out results is one of the best talents in the world, these people usually can brute force their way to results.

Can be, I think. But it's also something you can develop. I've done it myself.

Now if someone is talented + hard working, then they're usually the very top people in their profession, the best of the best.

I think so too.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, Nahm said:

Reality is a myth.

Reality is Truth. Can't be a myth.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:22 PM, egoless said:

Talent is knowing what you are good at and what is your passion and constantly improving it. 

Similar to the idea that passion can come from skill and vice versa.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:41 PM, Lynnel said:

@Robert

There is no talent per se as you learn everything from the begining.

But your environement and your genetic can play a huge role in it. For instance your mental processing speed, whether your memory is accoustic or not, even maybe the basic level of consciousness of your family.  But the skill itself is only training. But some people may train faster/ more efficiently than you.

Skills don't only come from training. Skill is defined as: "the ability do something well." Someone can have that without training. We've already talked about examples of this above: the athletes, autistic people, etc. And you even mentioned some yourself! Lol

On 5/1/2018 at 1:44 PM, jivvie said:

Is talent really a myth?

Yes

Explain.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@BjarkeT Dude, show me one post in this thread where I said anything about science. Then I'll start to take you seriously.

I do not think it's a myth there are things that require a real talent, but nothing is impossible if you try hard and that's what you want

Yes and no. 

Talent in any tangible activity is a myth. No one is born with math knowledge, artistic knowledge, musical knowledge, or any other skill. 

However, people are born with certain capacities that make it easier for them to learn a certain skill. For instance, it is well known that when studying mathematics that when you go deeper and deeper, at some point you are intuition towards the subject are going to be exhausted.  

To give an example John Von Neumann could multiple two 8 digits numbers in his head... at the age of 6, this requires a physical brain that has the capacity to perceive this high amount of data inside one's mind's eye. Of course, John Von Neumann wasn't born with knowledge about what a number is, he had to learn that first, but he most definitely was born with that raw brain power.

This won't guarantee you success though, or a revolutionary insight. Having a slightly above average intelligence and hard-work is often enough. I wouldn't worry about it too much, or you will waste your time. 

Edited by Lelouch

Yes Talent is a Myth, anyone can be talented in what he/she likes. 

I loved to sang all my life with the voice. But after my first awakening i started to become professional from night to day. And i use the voice to open up more and more. In my experience and practicality, using the 5th chakra will help you open 1000 faster.  

On 5/3/2018 at 2:22 AM, BjarkeT said:

As far as i know deliberate pratice is science including the finding of no talent. And you didn't belive it. which is what i was referring too.

https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Secrets-New-Science-Expertise-ebook/dp/B011H56MKS

Nah, you're still misunderstanding things... But thanks for your input on deliberate practice...

On 5/4/2018 at 5:28 PM, Flashforex said:

I do not think it's a myth there are things that require a real talent, but nothing is impossible if you try hard and that's what you want

Nothing is impossible.... Best way to think! :)

On 5/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, Lelouch said:

Yes and no. 

Talent in any tangible activity is a myth. No one is born with math knowledge, artistic knowledge, musical knowledge, or any other skill. 

However, people are born with certain capacities that make it easier for them to learn a certain skill. For instance, it is well known that when studying mathematics that when you go deeper and deeper, at some point you are intuition towards the subject are going to be exhausted.  

To give an example John Von Neumann could multiple two 8 digits numbers in his head... at the age of 6, this requires a physical brain that has the capacity to perceive this high amount of data inside one's mind's eye. Of course, John Von Neumann wasn't born with knowledge about what a number is, he had to learn that first, but he most definitely was born with that raw brain power.

This won't guarantee you success though, or a revolutionary insight. Having a slightly above average intelligence and hard-work is often enough. I wouldn't worry about it too much, or you will waste your time. 

Great points here! Thanks for sharing.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:27 AM, Quanty said:

Yes Talent is a Myth, anyone can be talented in what he/she likes. 

I loved to sang all my life with the voice. But after my first awakening i started to become professional from night to day. And i use the voice to open up more and more. In my experience and practicality, using the 5th chakra will help you open 1000 faster.  

This doesn't prove that talent is a myth. Lol

But I'm glad things seem to be working out for you at least.

Edited by Robert

Enlightenment proves that we can learn any talent. 

In reality talented people are more enlightened. They are in the stage of artists, the majority.

Who conquered the Magician stage and knows how to bend reality at his/her will, knows what i am talking about. 

For me, i'm a simple human being. 

Edited by Quanty