Truth

Fighting Illusion With Illusion

12 posts in this topic

I love this, fighting illusion with illusion, when I try to conceptualize and think about the ''mechanisms'' in my mind, I find when I'm journaling I go meta on the whole process and realize what I'm doing, and I call it out and say something like ''this is more beliefs more illusion" and even going meta on that ''who's telling me that this is more beliefs, more illusion?" And going meta on that and it just becomes this game, this justification game like Leo said, but even going meta on this justification game and started to "see" this cognitive dissonance/self sabotage for what it can be helpful for.
Cutting off the thought process.
I just keep going meta on the thoughts I have, eventually the ego gives and I get a few moments of no self.

I've recently cut myself off social media and distractions to focus on building my reading habit and meditation habit, I'm writing this because I really think this is a turning point to take on enlightenment, the past few days I have felt a little shitty, because I've really noticed that the illusion that the ego/self whatever you want to call it, is the reason for the pain, suffering, and all types of problems, I've listened to Leos enlightenment videos multiple, multiple, multiple times, putting the audios on my phone, trying to get my head around this idea. And yesterday I concluded that this seriously something I should be focusing on.

There was a lot of backsliding but I've finally realized the importance of taking on this journey.

Edited by Truth
update

Memento Mori

I'm on this path too. But you are more advanced than 'I' am. Cutting out social media might be a very good idea. It saves so much time to do more enlightenment work, the most 'important' work to do. 

Many of the things that you are writing about a true but can you make it a bit more simple

2 hours ago, LeotheDane said:

Many of the things that you are writing about a true but can you make it a bit more simple

Leos newest video "The Ultimate Model Of Human Knowledge" really laid the foundation for how I came to this realization, sadly to build this understanding wasn't simple, it seemed I had to gain all the knowledge and wisdom I could only to eventually destroy it, to step back and see it for what it really is, very counter intuitive, but even as I write this it's just more concepts and more beliefs, it's like the ego trying to tell itself it doesn't exist by telling itself it doesn't exist all the while being aware that it's telling itself it doesn't exist. really interesting though.

2 hours ago, quantum said:

I'm on this path too. But you are more advanced than 'I' am. Cutting out social media might be a very good idea. It saves so much time to do more enlightenment work, the most 'important' work to do. 

Cutting out social media has made me realized how stuck I am, not in a bad way, but, when I'm on social media compared to when I'm not, it's almost like I have the illusion that I'm being productive in my life, which I wasn't, looking inward instead of outward has been huge for me.

Memento Mori

I am going down this path as well although I have backslid on meditation, but I've reassessed and made my vision stronger. I'm ready to commit the rest of my life to meditation and breaking that knowledge graph.

Edited by immortal

About a year ago I cut Social Media out of my life and I feel great about it! Keep it up :)

Edited by Daphne

8 minutes ago, immortal said:

I am going down this path as well although I have backslid on meditation, but I've reassessed and made my vision stronger. I'm ready to commit the rest of my life to meditation and breaking that knowledge graph.

That's exactly what happened to me, I was going strong for about 4 months, then I started to slowley miss a day there, and here, and eventually missed 3 days in a row, and I had to re-commit to it and build a stronger vision just as you are. since then I've been going strong without missing a day for almost two months now for 30 minutes a day.

3 minutes ago, Daphne said:

About a year ago I cut Social Media out of my life and I feel great about it!

I actually feel really good about it, but I do miss the memes, that stuff is fantastic haha. but I'm gonna keep going here.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

So I was about to sit down to meditate, and I was looking at some emails, and an email of my favorite band was there, it said Switchfoot ted talk, and I was surprised, because I've been thinking about this band, and his metaphors, they are so abstract and I've always been so curious about his mindsets, he's always seemed kind of like a hippy to me in a way haha, but anyway.

so I was watching it, he made me realize that there are a lot of truths in metaphors, I mean, you literally can't see them, but they are there. And the way he talks about music and the guitar as a metaphor got me thinking about why some people seem so "wierd" or "hippyish" It's a struggle to find truth within our inner reality, this is the only way we know how.

So then he played "dare you to move" this song I listened to when I was like 12, ALL the time, and honestly I got really emotional because it made me see more of what he was talking about, how far I've come and where I was.

Anyway, this was really motivating and powerful to me, I just wanted to remember this, here's the video.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

So, today I’ve felt, “not me” the more I grow and better myself, talking to others, the more I’ve kind of lost side of what I’ve felt like was “me” so I’d go back and look at old videos I used to watch and music, thinking I’m getting back to my “source” and started to dive more deep into this authentic self, and what I’ve found is that I use this method to not only hold me back but to stay in comfort.

it’s like I started going outside my comfort zone, but something inside me said, “I just don’t feel like me.” even things in my past showing up, how much time I’ve wasted, I really feel not me right at this moment.

The self/ego is getting in the way of who I really am and what I am capable of.

Because what do I feel like doing right now? plugging into the system and letting go.

this is the first time I’ve actually felt into that feeling of “running away” but I know better than to do that, how will that help me at all?

I just remembered this quote,

“Wyatt Woodsmall once told me that in order to improve yourself, you have to become not you. You can’t say “Oh well, that’s not me. I wouldn’t do that. I’m just not that kind of guy.” You can’t have limiting beliefs like that because if you do, you won't improve.”

The authentic me is what I will become, not what I felt like I was in my past, or feel I am in my present. Even though this is still an illusion of the self, it helps.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Had a big insight during meditation.

Am I addicted to knowledge and concepts like I am when someone says something positive, or in a way I eat sugars, or a gorgeous girl smiles at me?

I mean I'm trying to figure out why I'm trying to be so certain about every little thing. Is this just this thought mechanisms job? Like a habit? Conceptualizing, building models, making guesses and assumptions to give the best possible solution in order to survive? Counter intuitively trying to get truth when you are the truth.

But the Illusion of self, creates more and more self biases, self deceptions. Creating this jumbled mess of half truths and dogmas, maybe even less than half truths, completely false, clinging to beliefs to truly protect itself. If the self holds a fact about reality and that becomes false, the whole wall is broken, destroyed and the self is left vulnerable.. But there is no self to be vulnerable, only the illusion of vulnerability.

It started with me asking why I want to be so certain. I found my answer and now the self inside me is satisfied, it loves finding answers.

The awareness that I actually am is able to see and intuitively make judgments. It's like, I'm watching the screen, and the words and ideas and concepts pop up, but I'm identifying myself with the words that pop up on this screen. And I've been doing this my Whole Entire Life. And the words aren't true, but the ideas and thoughts that pop up are only conceptualized through my being. That which I've come in contact with empirical data. Which is repetitive, and not interesting to the ego.

No matter how deep I go I can find answers, even false answers that seem right and intuitive, I can tell myself anything if it satisfies my ego and the answer feels right.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

So, ever since about 4 days ago, I’ve been messing around with this idea of, what is the foundation from which i can build upon to do my personal development, to gain success.

I even posted a forum post, but no one answered, probably cause it sounded a little out there.

But, I’ve been having this in the back of my mind, like… what is a fundamental TRUTH, that I can lay down for this foundation, because I’ve been in such a state of skepticism, and it’s been hard to believe anything.I seem to be asking myself a lot “is this really the truth?” which has helped me come across what I’ll get to in a moment. But like what is it that I can truly ground myself with if you can say, what can I take on as a belief (knowing it’s a belief) but still do work and personal development from, and I think I’ve found it. and it lies in the law of attraction. earlier this morning it just hit me, “hmmm maybe I should watch the secret” something in me said watch the secret again, something about it hits this mark and has some truth to it, and I couldn’t shake the thought, and honestly the secret before I watched it---I tried watching it before only got like 40 min in because I've seen it before a long time ago, I was kind of ready to explain some aspects of it away because I remembered it had confusing moments for me, and it did have those moments, mostly about the airfaireyness they put on it, but me I saw past that when I watched it again, I saw it for what it truly is, Just a thought, and an image in the mind. How it’s gonna take discipline and hard work to make those things come about. which is what I’m getting to. after that I watched leos video on “the secret” I knew he had a video on it to help me better jump away from all the air fairy confusions and such and he did that very well, but he got down to it and said what his secret is, and it’s “Discipline, discipline your mind. That’s the real secret to success and happiness to your life.” But I don’t discount the power of law of attraction. I know discipline has been the secret now thinking about it. So I’m gonna dive into his concepts about using the law of attraction because I think this is very foundational to be mindful of when creating success in my life. It’s really to me the Center point of good and bad, like the image of these good and bad emotions, to me it's the middle way of my mind or the ego or the emotions. “Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” This is the middle ground for me. this is where my mind should be at. so I don’t tip into ego and get lost into good or bad emotions. So this is it. a core truth that I will build upon. of course along with other truths I find but I really think this idea has a lot of truth and power in it.

I just finished watching his law of attraction video and it was powerful.

“When you do try it, you have to try it with faith and confidence and consistency. What you’re going to find is that it really works. The way it works is, again, not through some metaphysical mumbo-jumbo, but simply because you become confident. You have faith in your actions, you’re not insecure anymore. You’re excited about what you’re doing because you have these positive images of what you’re going to create. You start to impose your reality onto the world rather than the world’s reality mesmerizing you. When that happens, you start to feel really good.

You’re able to go out there and work on your goals, to take action on your goals. You’re not procrastinating anymore. Through that whole process, your thoughts shape your actions and your actions attract whatever it is you want in life. That’s basically the law of attraction. Think about the things you want, not about the things you don’t want.

Now, as simple as that sounds, you’re not going to do it. It’s really hard to recondition yourself. You have to be very persistent with it. But if you do, and you undertake this initiative, say, “You know what? I think there’s something to this law of attraction. I think it’s about time I try something new. Because I’m frustrated with the lack of results I’ve been getting.”

If you really buy into it and you give it a go, give it a go for a month or two. Constantly concentrate on the things you want to create in your life.”

and that’s how I really feel, this covers everything I’ve been trying to learn. It’s the buying into these ideas, taking action, having faith in them and just going with it. its probably been a limiting belief I’ve been having, if there’s an answer to why I’m not taking action. It’s my own thinking. and I think this law of attraction can really set the foundation for me to create success in my life.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

So I had an epiphany just hit me, when I hear leo talk about “what the ego is basically saying is ______.”example “How can I create a life so I can avoid pain and get as much pleasure as I can?”

I realized that, the shit is just made up, and in truth there’s no one actually saying that, but in reality that’s exactly what is happening in that orientation about my actions, reality becomes labeled by thoughts. When I see the ego as an illusion and when I try to apply mindsets and principles to my life to how I’m taking action and how I’m not taking action (“What my ego is basically saying is ________.”) that in actual reality, this provides a solution to my current orientation of my current lifestyle, and in truth I’m not actually having these thoughts, but these thoughts describe a certain type of egoic thinking that describe a situation in reality.

Sometimes I can become completely unconscious to my emotions, thoughts, and my actions they become hard to gain conscious awareness around, we use words to describe things in reality. But on top of that we use words to describe an ego that doesn’t even exist, and the pain we feel emotionally is just a bodily sensation that we attach a label to that doesn’t even exist. The emotions exist, but the label about the emotion has no control over the emotion itself.

Leo talks about how we have thousands of emotions, and I see why, because they are just a feeling that we attach a label to. each feeling is unique. I See what leo talks about when he says this thing is just a label maker. just slapping labels on everything.

But what I really want to get across is why I start feeling emotions, how it’s hard to identify them, because they just happen. it isn’t until I take conscious awareness that I can see what’s going on. because I’m creating illusions in my head making my mind and body shift and resist trying to get “control” over basically.. air, basically trying to gain control over nothing, the best way I can think of it is like fighting over gravity, trying to fight over control of nature, In that sense I’m basically fighting and complaining that I can’t control gravity. And that blows my mind. People don’t complain about gravity, they don’t try to change gravity, it’s just the nature of life and reality as we know it and we accept it as it is, and that’s what I need to start doing with myself and my thoughts, actions, and emotions.

this exactly happened yesterday and the day before that. I remember a lot of subconscious thoughts, and these thoughts aren’t even tangible, they just pop up, I have no control over them, it’s not until I take conscious awareness that I have control, which isn’t even control, it’s just a state of being and accepting what is. it’s only when I watch is when I have control, but of course there is no me having control, it’s just shining a flashlight on the “problem”. Ego is resisting reality, trying to control reality, trying to change reality, trying to fix reality. By being my true self is to flow with life and to be who I truly am, to identify and shine a light on the truth. Not the illusion.

Thoughts are a part of nature but I am not illusion, I am the truth, and until I can separate and distinguish these I cannot be my true self, all the while knowing and being aware of the truth right now in this moment.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori