narwhal

My Realationship

2 posts in this topic

Hello, i'll get straight to the point. So i've been with my girlfriend for arround 7 months. She is the first person i realy let "in my life". Before that i was with alot of girls but all of them were just from nights out. We both love eachother and we talk about everything. The problem is that i feel like i am getting attached too much and i get scared that i might lose her. That's why i can't completely open myself to her. One day we talked about what would we do/feel if we found out we've been cheating each other and she said she would understand it and if i would tell her that i just wanted to "experiment?" she would accept it. - I don't think i could accept it so easily if she would do that so that scares me.  What i think bothers me + attracts me is that she is so confident, she is or she acts like she is not affraid of losing me and would accept that. This is probably what scares me becouse i feel like i couldn't let it go so easily. I consider myself extremely emotional and sensitive. I know it's ridicolous but if for example if she doesn't repy my text or if she is having fun with someone else i get negative feelings. I don't want that.  Thank you for reading this, i'm not even sure if this deserves a reply i kinda just wanted to let this out. 

@narwhal Hey Narwhal, I have been in a similar position to you and I can honestly say, insecurities, jealousy, neediness and being possessive are relationship killers. I am not saying you are any of these things but I have been. When we start to love and care for someone deeply we have a fear of losing them, that our mind starts to go a little out of control, think certain thoughts, we tend to have negative reactions to certain things, if they don't reply to texts or pick up calls (I have been there believe me). 

My boyfriend is like your girlfriend, he is very independant, very sociable and I know he is not worried to lose me because there are a lot of prettier girls out there. But he has chosen to be with me. I usually find that these type of people have never really known what it is like to love and lose someone. They live a very positive and content life which is what I think you need to start doing for you. Be happy and confident with or without a girlfriend.

One way you can do this is to focus on the now, don't worry about 5 mins ago and don't worry about the future. Don't be to worried about what your girlfriend says or does, she is with you and I think if you love her just cherish every moment with her.

Don't waste time being insecure and jealous and if there is something that concerns you, just talk openly about it to her. Try not to react to situations that are not in your control. Focus on becoming a better version of you, go out with your friends more, work on your personal development and what makes you happy and fulfilled. 

A partner is supposed to be add value, happiness & joy to your life, they are not supposed to be our whole life. This is where a lot of people let their emotions start thinking crazy things and reacting, before you know it, this type of behaviour can make us lose the one we love and that is now what we want.