Ross

Can't Get Into Sports Team!!

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

A big problem is I am trying to get selected for a sports team at my university so I can properly play matches. The problem is that I did poorly in the trials and now it's become a culture when since then, I'm not getting selected to play matches. The question is how do I make into the team if I am not getting any match experience and other people are getting better. Is practice alone enough to get to the teams level of experience?

Just need some thoughts,

Thanks!

Hmmm... Of course practice isn't enough to match someones experience. As I see it, you might need mental tools for this task. You did badly on the trials, alright, from there the only thing you can do is improve. Believing in yourself, practicing and trying again until you succeed is what I would recommend :) so yeah, I hope it helped you!

What exactly are you doing wrong? Your speed is not enough? You cannot pass good enough? You don't score enough? I believe if you find out your missing skills, you can improve them one by one.

Anyways, what sport do you play? Is it possible to talk about your issue with your coach? Maybe he can select you for a few minutes and it will give you some routine and confidence.

I hope we can figure it out and find your talent. :)