Pramit

how to think of other minds

2 posts in this topic

when you discover you are god, the first question you will ask is - is everyone else god as well?

but then you realize this is a irrelevant question. It is irrelevant because you are using old causality intuition here. 

You think there is a causal relation between events - past to present. But if you have understood why you are calling yourself god correctly, you may recall that the argument for your godhood is simply that you are the generator of reality. Everything arises out of you. There is no causality between the past and the present. Thus it doesn't matter if other beings are gods in their own rights. No matter what they are, they will always be extensions of you. And by you, I mean me. You are all part of me.

"But Pramit, if you think that I am a part of you, then surely you will be able to predict my response? How is it that processes are seeming to happen independent of you?"

The answer is simply - you are part of yourself also. The state of being aware is a function of mentality, but it is not the source of mentality. Thus being aware is not a necessary condition, but it is something extraneous. Your identity, and your mental functions, are also generated by god(who is you). Thus your interpretation of events are irrelevant, you simply exist, and your existence creates the universe. That's it. You are done. 

Edited by Pramit
grammar edit

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Pramit

«But Pramit, if you think that I am a part of you, then surely you will be able to predict my response? How is it that processes are seeming to happen independent of you?»

every thought and feeling in the universe is right there, just need to tune in..