Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vanish

Christopher Mccandless ( Into the Wild )

3 posts in this topic

What does the actualized.org community and Leo think about Chris?

He rejected all material possessions, rejected a very hot girl , went into the deepest end of the wild in Alaska and even though he had a rifle he endured a gruesome death of starvation. He saw the truth at the end and vanished into it.

I think his path was the most pure, it's vanilla. He didn't do anything fancy, he just left everything behind and went on to experience life at its most purest form.

1 hour ago, vanish said:

He saw the truth at the end

I doubt he saw that much truth.

His journey was only beginning. Imagine if the Buddha had eaten some poison berries 2 years into his journey. That's what happened with Chris. It was a noble effort, but poorly executed, and execution matters.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I doubt he saw that much truth.

Ha!!! 

Ah man. 

I’ve spent a lot of time in the wilderness and Alaska is no joke. Takes years/life time to develop the skills to live out there. Either way his heart was in it. He seemed to demand more to life than the modern jive.

And we can only assume what he saw. 

Maybe instead of doubting if he saw truth you should ask yourself why you doubt that he saw truth. 

Anyway unfortunately living out in Alaska as he did is extremely difficult. Two years is pretty good actully.