-Rowan

LP Course Pass #7 stuck

4 posts in this topic

TLDR; If I cant get tangible specifics out of what my 10/10 would be on given values, does this mean this value is inauthentic? What should I do if I can't come up with specific, tangible examples of a 10/10?

Hi everyone,

I'm at values pass #7 in the course, the "10/10" one. I'm struggling to imagine what a 10/10 is on two of my values.

I have one value "Peace of mind" Which I defined as

"Release of physical and mental tension, feeling fully relaxed and centred with no stress or worries. Enjoying the moment with a sense of satisfaction in any environment. Alpha/Theta style brainwave state."

I'm struggling to come up with practical tangible examples of what a 10/10 is for me. So far I have:

"I feel at peace 90% of the time. In a state of meditation almost permanently. I take care of problems/concerns in an organized way and reduce all worries. Keeping the big picture in mind always"

I've written down that I can't really define it. I feel like its too vague and not tangible enough. Does this mean its an inauthentic value?

I have the same problem with another value, Passion and Enthusiasm. Defined as:

"Passion, excitement and high energy around work or activities, deep love for the activity itself. Excitement for your domain of mastery. Expressing yourself through the activity/work. Only doing what you genuinely enjoy. Never work just for money."

So far, for a 10/10 I've got written down:

"I wake up excited to do my work, I talk about it all the time. Bring high energy into the work. Love my work. I go to events about the work, read about it, study it etc."

Again I've written that I can't really define it tangibly. I don't know what my 'one thing' is yet, so this value just seems to point towards having a life purpose.

In my other values I do have some concrete examples like exercising 5 days a week, being in nature at least 2 days a week, releasing a masterpiece etc so I'm just struggling to define those two values. I'm not sure if this means they are inauthentic? I still feel that I value Peace of Mind and Passion + Enthusiasm but I just can't get tangible examples out of them so far. Any tips?

All the best,

Rowan

Edited by -Rowan
Condensed a bit

I can define what those values are, but I can't seem to come up with 10/10 tangible examples of what I would do to have 10/10 Peace of Mind and passion and enthusiasm. I guess daily meditation (which I already do)? For Passion and enthusiasm- I would basically be living a life of purpose- which just seems to point back toward having life purpose anyway. Are these values still authentic?

I've had the same problem with the passion value, defined pretty similarly to yours. 

I do believe it's authentic, but I've been questioning whether "passion" is really different from happiness - as leo specifically told us not to include happiness, because that's the goal, not a value that would get us there.

I've since redefined "passion" to "actually doing the things I love", meaning whatever it is that I'm passionate about right now, if I'm doing it throughout my day, I'm living the value of passion. 

@Elisabeth Thanks for the reply. I've done some thinking and have changed passion and enthusiasm to 'Purpose', defined with similar terms to how I defined Passion & Enthusiasm. I've also decided that my value of spirituality basically encompasses Peace of Mind, so I have swapped that with 'Family' and redefined and re-done the exercise for the new values. By the end of the 10 values passes, I may redo the whole 10 again just as an accuracy measure/for thoroughness. 

Cheers,

Rowan