Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey_mac

Vague Life-purpose....vague Life

2 posts in this topic

I went through the life purpose course (yes Amazing!). I'm having trouble making my life purpose more specific. I think I'm scared to make the wrong decision. And I'm not sure how passionate I am about things.

I know Leo mentioned that we should "dig deep" and get more life experiences. I know I need to do these things. Just seeing if anyone else may have more insight or help.

My purpose(s): 

Solving practical problems with technology that awakens cultures to simple authentic knowledge. (version 1)

Solving cultural problems with technology, knowledge and truth (version 2)

I think they both sound relatively similar, and you should work/focus more on your fear of making the wrong decision. For what it is worth, I like the sound of version 2 better. Either way, it sounds like you're on the 'right track' - though must you get the exact vision statement perfect right now, or would a little more deep-digging and life experience assist in becoming more specific? I didn't do / not familiar with the life purpose course. I know my therapist often says ''get a vision statement'' then work on your goals/objectives from there....I'm working on that and don't see the point in forcing something just because it seems like a good plan. Sure, it is a great piece of advice which I am working on achieving, but I am currently content on having a few ideas for my vision. As long as you keep open minded and the ideas flowing the passion will follow. Don't rush and maybe aim for a vision statement that is broad enough to encapsulate more? We never stop growing and expanding our minds. Your vision may change and develop over time.