Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roberthenry

Can anyone explain the causes of Alzheimer's disease?

4 posts in this topic

I studied about Alzheimer’s disease which is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. Many researches says that it comes from genetics but I am bit confused because all researches vary from one another. I want all your views on his deadly disease so that other can also become aware of this. I also welcome their treatment if anyone is familiar with it.

There are other theories linking it to the atherosclerosis of cerebral arteries and arterioles slowly over decades resulting in blockage of effective blood flow, reduced oxygenation and causing necrosis of the brain tissue. ->  cognitive decline. There is also a link to lack of usage such as reading, learning and basically activating neurons in different parts of the brain. 

In UK, where I live Alzheimers is a huge problem just as it is in US which should be countries with superior medical care however also with terrible eating habits which contribute to formation of plaque in arteries, obstructing the bloodflow. 

If you would be interested in some reading, Dr Greger has a chapter on brain disease in his book How Not to Die that is based on lot of research linking it to diet as primary cause. 

There could be a genetic link in anything but that may as well be an excuse for why mainstream medicine is unable to treat it, only delay the progression. A progressed Alzheimer's is not treatable by any means today though. Can be prevented or at least slowed in early stages if caught on time. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@roberthenry It is simply deadly because people have to die because of something and western medical care is so good that we are alive for a really long time. Unless we come up with something groundbreaking we will just get a few more years here and there before another illness appears. 

Other than these thoughts personally I don't know much about it though of course there is a lot of research going into it. 

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

Alzheimer is a condition really. Is the attention too focused above the hara, above waist. When this becomes chronic, Bam! Alzheimer.