starsofclay

Muse headband

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried out the muse headband? If you don't know anything about it, this review is pretty comprehensive. I hope you read it before passing any judgement on the device...

https://medium.com/pixeldreams/my-40-day-journey-into-meditation-with-muse-the-brain-sensing-headband-12e7b060c6fa

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried it and could give feedback, 

Just to offer an update... I did buy this and have used it for about three days. I'm realizing I don't really care if it "works".  For the past two years, I have attempted to learn to meditate. I do a lot of subconscious work and self-reflection, but have always found it extremely hard to sit down and meditate, and just "be". I usually give up about 3-5 minutes in, completely bored out of my mind... not sure if it's my inattentive ADD, or an extremely determined ego. However, I can now sit for 10-15 minutes with the muse headband, stay awake, and it feels like I only sat for 5 minutes. This is amazing for me. Definitely a breakthrough in my meditation practice. 

So I recommend this to anyone who has tried for years to learn to meditate, and have the extra cash to spend. You just have to not care if it "works", because, I promise it does. 

@starsofclay Was thinking about buying that muse for someone having similar challenges to what you described. Overall, I see that ‘it worked’ in that you’re meditating. Awesome, btw.❤️

Anything to shuffle on how useful the device is? Accurate? 

Anyone else used Muse, or similar devices? Reviews?

Thanks!!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm will that's the thing, I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but it doesn't bother me. It taught me to sit, partially because of the gamification of meditation. I do think it's pretty accurate though because there are third party apps you can get to use the headband as an eeg reader. (the actual  muse app only gives real time response whether you have dipped into alpha or theta waves, but no raw data) 

I'm now up to sitting for 20 minutes. That's crazy to me. I wouldn't say it's a quality 20 minutes, but at least I'm sitting. Not sure if I should force myself to increase the time because my mind doesn't have time to shut up in 20 minutes, or if I should stay at 20 until it's easier to sit that long...

@starsofclay I can’t think and focus on breathing from my stomach at the same time. I can only assume this is true for everyone. 

20 minutes a day is great man. ❤️ Thanks for the info on the muse!

@Nahm I'm sure it's true, but that would require me to focus... I'm working on it.. 

@starsofclay Yeah for sure, it takes practice. I hope you feel great doing the practices. Feeling the stomach breath helped me a lot when I started. Exploring the breath from entering my nose, through the sinus, throat, lungs, stomach, that helps.