zenny

About Leo's Video ," Fake Growth Vs Real Growth"

25 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2016 at 6:31 AM, Oleg F said:

eventually you move into self-transcendence - where those little worries become irrelevant.

@Oleg F  Good ideal; I'm not certain yet if it is or is not true.   It seems there are moments we can forget and need to remind ourselves?  Maybe that's just me?

So in essence, you may say that real development happens when you no longer NEED to attain anything or to change anything. It simply is not a concern at a certain point. It is not a concern when you SEE that what you have right now is everything you need plus some.

This I wholly agree with.   Being present in and grateful for the now. :)

Is it possible that real spiritual growth happens when you no longer NEED to change anything in yourself? When you no longer have the need to meditate for X number of hours and no longer have the need to attain Enlightenment? Because if you DO feel that need, then you are chasing something similar to THAT which you were chasing when you were doing your "My business is making $XXXX per day" affirmation.

I can't answer this question, I don't do either and I never have done either.   I don't perceive "enlightenment" as this grand end state.  I perceive it as a lifelong process until you are pushing up daisies.

The "need to change" and "need to work on something" mentality is only meant to take you to a certain point in your development. It is meant to make you realize that you are only here to serve that which is RIGHT NOW.

Let me just say, I learned last week there were things I was doing in my "nows" that were self defeating and counter productive.   By hearing this critique I could make corrections so my "now" in this moment is more aware and mindful than my "now" in the past moments.  

Thank you so much.  Very thought provoking comment.

On 3/2/2016 at 9:14 AM, zenny said:

I have come across byron katie's work.

I learnt the following from your comment :

1. Different states of being (like being equanimous, being kind, being brave, etc,) with practice, might become a part of everyday life and this will help one to handle life situations well.

2.Being open for new perspectives , challenges , etc, will provide one with a possibility for growth.

3.Learning from criticisms is another way to improve.

4. Success might be about getting back up and being more resilient , and learning along the way each time when one gets back up.  

getting back up with style:D^_^;):P

@zenny  Sounds about right LOL  :D  I was learning it while I wrote it.  Shhhh don't tell.   ;):D:P

On 3/2/2016 at 9:27 AM, zenny said:

1. Real change might actually happen ,when, one lets go of control over wanting things to be different from ,"what is". 

That is awesome. :)