Not nate

First Post

8 posts in this topic

I have just posted a response within a forum topic on lucid dreaming. This is the first time I have ever posted to a public forum. And while I notice the context of such a medium, and realize the awesome jolt of ego I just experienced through the posting of my very own opinion upon a specific topic, I can't help but wonder about the personal ego gratification involved. Could I be undoing what I seek? Is this gratification delitarious? Will I be thrown from the opportunity to know by the powers that be? 

That's not a question we can answer.

What is it you seek? Ultimate truth? The transcendence of the ego? 

Alan watts once said "as soon as your mind identifies a higher self your ego takes that form" or something like that. I'm typing this on my phone takeing a dump so I'm to lazy to look up the exact quote.

Best we can do is be mindful and present. 

Taking a dump? Was that necessary? I suppose if we drop all filters it flies, but when taken with the context of my question does it relàte at all. Should I be offended by reference to your stinky brown shit? Does it stink more than I deserve? Does a quick name drop of Allan Watts" or something like that " anawer the actual question to the validity of these forums at large?  And who might I ask are " we" 

Do you speak for more than yourself? Do you have that right here?

If so I think I might be done. 

And you all might rejoice.

Which is fine

Alone

31 minutes ago, Not nate said:

Taking a dump? Was that necessary? I suppose if we drop all filters it flies, but when taken with the context of my question does it relàte at all. Should I be offended by reference to your stinky brown shit? Does it stink more than I deserve? Does a quick name drop of Allan Watts" or something like that " anawer the actual question to the validity of these forums at large?  And who might I ask are " we" 

Do you speak for more than yourself? Do you have that right here?

If so I think I might be done. 

And you all might rejoice.

Which is fine

Alone

Ha! I'm sorry my crass sense of humor offended you. 

I suppose "we" was a little presumptuous of me but your question requires more context in order to be properly answerd. I asked what your goal was. 

Should you feel bad about allowing your ego to have its desire for attention and valadation? Maybe, I'm not sure...

I think that's a question you have to answer for yourself. That's why I said we can not answer that. 

1 hour ago, TheFrown said:

Alan watts once said "as soon as your mind identifies a higher self your ego takes that form" or something like that.

Best we can do is be mindful and present. 

This is interesting. How can you be mindful? Through Meditation???

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, abrakamowse said:

This is interesting. How can you be mindful? Through Meditation???

To be Mindful means to be conscious or aware of something. That's it.

Meditation can assist you being present in the moment though!

The paradox is understanding that awareness and presentness are often contradictions. Finding balance between them is always a challenge!

@Not nate

This is yet just anther question arising. Let it pass. It is not you. 

Also, the ego you are talking about, is still part of Grace, as nothing is apart from it ever. Indulge or not, your choice. If there's a feeling of it clinging to you, sit with that and see what comes up. 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@TheFrown  Thanks!!! I was confused sometimes by the terms. Cool.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16