Sri Ramana Maharshi

Seekers' Sandox

16 posts in this topic

This forum is a Seeker's Sandbox it seems.

Too bad. Luckily there *are* other forums where real replicatable attainments are discussed both rationally and magically in due course.

Finding Sangha here is like looking for hen's teeth in outer space.

....really disappointing.

@Sri Ramana Maharshi Friend,

You Are Very Intellegent. But Unfortunately. You have Misunderstood The Word Sangha And Attainment. You Do Realize That The Attainments Are Merely The Intellectual Bragging Of Stupidity. The Real Attainments Cannot Be Found. The Real Sangha Is Stupid Is Limitation Is Bullshit.

Don't Trust My words Friend. Otherwise You'll trust them.

29 minutes ago, Kserkkj said:

@Sri Ramana Maharshi Friend,

You Are Very Intellegent. But Unfortunately. You have Misunderstood The Word Sangha And Attainment. You Do Realize That The Attainments Are Merely The Intellectual Bragging Of Stupidity. The Real Attainments Cannot Be Found. The Real Sangha Is Stupid Is Limitation Is Bullshit.

Don't Trust My words Friend. Otherwise You'll trust them.

I haven't misundestood anything. I'm not trying to understand. Sangha are those following the noble 8 fold path to purification. Period. Attainment isn't the point, as you know, they can be symptoms that the work is happening and abiding in the present and are not the goal, of course. Accretion is what we are losing, and it is not about gaining. 

Don't worry, I see between your words and am the message is clear. I don't trust shit, so I'm safe there too. You are hilarious and intelligent too. What I am saying is that most here aren't willing to effort and apply discipline, even in conversation, and there are better forums. That's all. This one was disappointing. Maybe I was just in a bad mood this weekend and snapped into judgement. We'll see. Who cares. If you are having fun and getting "lighter" from being here then you will stay and that's great. Enjoy!

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi

2 minutes ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

I haven't misundestood anything. I'm not trying to understand. Sangha are those following the noble 8 fold path to purification. Period. Attainment isn't the point, as you know, they can be symptoms that the work is happening and abiding in the present and are not the goal, of course. Accretion is what we are losing, and it is not about gaining. 

Don't worry, I see between your words and am the message is clear. I don't trust shit, so I'm safe there too. You are hilarious and intelligent too. What I am saying is that most here aren't willing to effort and apply discipline, even in conversation, and there are better forums. That's all. This one was disappointing. Maybe I was just in a bad mood this weekend and snapped into judgement. We'll see. Who cares. If you are having fun and getting "lighter" from being here then you will stay and that's great. Enjoy!

I think all you need is tickles and hugs.  

26 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Sorry it wasn't for you, friend.  I hope you find what you're looking for.  

I have contentment in This Very Arising. That's what every aspirant is looking for. On forums, I am looking to find others who are disciplined (by Eastern, more than lazy American standards) and willing to work hard every minute for This. You can't practice the dhamma in line with your Western life, you have to bend your Western life to practice the Dhamma in line with the Dhamma. It seems many on here want to just do "their own thing" and be selfish in every way. They will never see reality as some have. 

4 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

I think all you need is tickles and hugs.  

Prolly true. It's been a rough week as I have helped hospice come in and set up equipment for my wife's father's death from stage 4 COPD, and simultaneously my own father has run out of treatment options on his brain tumor. Still, as Leo did masterfully admit once, "The Horrid times are the best of times, and that's where the real Insight is!" We'll survive, and the work will continue for eternity. Thanks for the kind and wise support! Metta

spell check

Just now, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

I have contentment in This Very Arising. That's what every aspirant is looking for. On forums, I am looking to find others who are disciplined (by Eastern, more than lazy American standards) and willing to work hard every minute for This. You can't practice the dhamma in line with your Western life, you have to bend your Western life to practice the Dhamma in line with the Dhamma. It seems many on here want to just do "their own thing" and be selfish in every way. They will never see reality as some have. 

You know, I agree with that on some level, truly, all jokes aside.  

At the same time, people stuck in illusion is a reality that we must accept.  People that aren't at your level of discipline and dedication is a reality we must accept.  

If you feel that being here will detract from your own journey and you have aversion to that, then by all means you should go on to a place where that aversion does not exist.  <3

2 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

You know, I agree with that on some level, truly, all jokes aside.  

At the same time, people stuck in illusion is a reality that we must accept.  People that aren't at your level of discipline and dedication is a reality we must accept.  

If you feel that being here will detract from your own journey and you have aversion to that, then by all means you should go on to a place where that aversion does not exist.  <3

Nah, I just had an ideal of what this forum could be (I was seduced by Leo's skill as an avid reader and memorizer), and grasped that ideal. Then when reality tore it away I grabbed the carrot of suffering. It's always an option to suffer regardless of your level. Freedom.

My reaction and happiness is always and only 100% my responsibility.

clarity

1 minute ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Prolly true. It's been a rough week as I have helped hospice come in and set up equipment for my wife's father's death from stage 4 COPD, and simultaneously my own father has run out of treatment options on his brain tumor. Still, as Leo did masterfully admit once, "The Horrid times are the best of times, and that's where the real Insight is!" We'll survive, and the work will continue for eternity. Thanks for the kind and wise support! Metta

Wow, I had no idea.  I'm very sorry to hear that.  That's an incredibly challenging and trying life event.  Based on your posts though I believe in you and I know you can get through this.  Good luck, friend, continue to work and I will too!  See this to the end and free the world in the process!

3 minutes ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Nah, I just had an ideal of what this forum could be (I was seduced by Leo's skill as an avid reader and memorizer), and grasped that ideal. Then when reality tore it away I grabbed the carrot of suffering. It's always an option to suffer regardless of your level. Freedom.

My reaction and happiness is always and only 100% my responsibility.

I will say, while it is definitely a mixed bag.  There's some highly intelligent, highly thoughtful, very practiced people on this forum.  And varied points of view.  I'd say, maybe visit every once in a while you may see something that is very helpful at some point.  If not, that's fine too.  

1 minute ago, Heart of Space said:

Wow, I had no idea.  I'm very sorry to hear that.  That's an incredibly challenging and trying life event.  Based on your posts though I believe in you and I know you can get through this.  Good luck, friend, continue to work and I will too!  See this to the end and free the world in the process!

I will do so, and thanks. I can't do anything in a vacuum and your positivity makes all the difference Interdepedance/Co-arising....etc. 

Tadyata gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi so vah!!!

@Sri Ramana Maharshi

Thank You Friend, I love You When Your Mind Gets Certain. It Is very Mind-blowing To be Certain. I am Like That too much of the time.

Anyways, Good wishes On your attainments to The Noble Paths. It Is Very Interestingly Notable Indeed.

4 minutes ago, Kserkkj said:

@Sri Ramana Maharshi

Thank You Friend, I love You When Your Mind Gets Certain. It Is very Mind-blowing To be Certain. I am Like That too much of the time.

Anyways, Good wishes On your attainments to The Noble Paths. It Is Very Interestingly Notable Indeed.

If you practice Yoga, development just happens. You don't actually attain or do anything. It's just language. My mind has never been less certain in all my 44 years. The only thing that is certain is that the Absolute will forever be unknown and uncertain. That is paradox you can sleep on.

If you think I'm "right" then we're both "wrong", right?

@Sri Ramana Maharshi

Hi Friend,

That Is Very Nice Of You. I Like It. What Is Unknown When You Are Known But He Is Not-Unknown. How Can I Unknown Such A knowing. But It Is Very Integrated To Say Something So Great Like Maya.

I see Now. You are very satis-tated with What You call Right and Wrong. I Think You Are Wrong. So I am Wrong Too.

Thank You Again From Your Little Apprentice. For Teaching Me The True Path To Nirvana

I Hate You forever.