Doddie

Advice For Highschool Student

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I was trying to think it through and doing my best to instill new habits in my life but i have no idea how and what exactly when to do. If anyone could recommend me a schedule or things to do on a daily basis ex:(meditation,affirmation etc.) when it would be best to use that'd be great and i would really appreciate it. :)

• Get up at 6 am.
  • Take a shower
  • Meditate for 20 minutes.
  • Eat
  • Study a subject or do your homework until whatever time you leave for school.
  • Come home and take a break until 6 (I usually take a nap,get something to eat and meditate if I feel the need for it) and begin studying.
  • Bed at 9 or 10.

This is my schedule at the moment as I have exams coming up 3 months from now.  I would also walk my dog in the morning and just before sleep.

Sometimes I slack off though and can't get myself into studying and my nap becomes a 3 hour sleep.

@Doddie, you must find your own way. Read a lot. Personal development books (look at Leo`s list), Biographies...You`ll find what it is right for you

I recently start my morning routine: 

wake up: 6:30-8:00 (depends of the days, but my goals it to stick to 7:00 or less) with a motivation speech as my alarm music

Then I do: 

15min: lemon & warm water + make my bed + wash my face (great for wake you up, clean hands form the lemon)

15min: 15 min to thrive of tony robins (I basically walk up and down my apartment with a breathing adn visualisation execice) 

30min: 4 positive affirmations or visualization (depends what I prefer to do, but I don't know if it's a great way to alternate them) 

1h: reading a personal development book (or do a life purpose step when I have lessons because I feel that when I came back home I'm too tired and I slack the steps) 

30-45min: healty breakfast + order breakfast  (I make smoothies, I've start recently, man this it's one of the simplest yet the gretest change I've made: easy and rewarding, basically you just put stuff in the blender and you breakfast is ready) 

20 min: shower 

5 min: chose cloths 

Trust me, if you start like this, It's been like 2 weeks that I'm doing that, your day it's going to be really really better. But the important thing it's that you find meaningful the things that you do; like @Rares says "you must find your own way" ;)

Do whatever you like doing for a month, but take rigorous notes/diary on what you were doing. Don’t fight anything. If you think you should study, but you in fact don’t feel like it, then just say to yourself “I should study, but I don’t feel like it, and I would rather do something else”. After a moth review your diary and results.

Then do a month of strict routine. Wake up early, force yourself to get up even if you are dead tired. Take it as a challenge knowing that it will stop in a month. Do regular meditation, every day. Designate the study time, and even if you don’t want to study, force yourself to sit down and focus on the study material. Do this for a month and also take notes as you did in the previous ‘do whatever feels like doing’ month.

Figure out the difference for yourself.  Warning : The results may be counterintuitive

On 4.03.2016 г. at 2:35 PM, Rares said:

@Doddie, you must find your own way. Read a lot. Personal development books (look at Leo`s list), Biographies...You`ll find what it is right for you

You are absolutely right! I have this feeling lately that it would be best to think it through myself, I just wanted 2-3 ideas to know what's best but now I feel like I'm gonna create a really powerful morning routine + schedule. Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, The Professor said:

Live a balanced life.  Exercise, Sleep and pursue your interests.

Amazingly concise and simple, thanks!

the best advice for a high school student is to set a goal of what you want to do after high school and concentrate on the subjects that are most relevant to you. you will thank yourself a lot while in college for having done this. best of luck

Edited by dreamRaspi