Danka

Follow what you feel/intution or force yourself/condition yourself to like something?

1 post in this topic

Follow what you feel/intution or force yourself/condition yourself to like something or atleast get habituated to do something that is good for you to do but on an emotional level you might not like (excercise regularly long-term, meditation, reading, learning something complex/hard). 

Why do I ask this question? 

I always wondered if its possible for all human beings to be as insightful/broad thinking as philosophers or just people like Leo Gura or many other people, and also be as contributive on a material/scientific level as all the inventors/engineers were that have lived in the past. 

So I am always thinking an trying it out for myself by basically doing all the things that are good for a human being to do, but that not many human beings want to do. What I have been able to do so far is 

- Mostly eat a plant-based diet going to the fruit and vegetable side.

Changing one's diet is not so hard, because eating is not something you have to do for a whole day. Its just tidbits.

There are things that come naturally to me or that I enjoy doing such as 

- playing/listening/composing music and playing the guitar which I have done for 8 years 2 hours a day average. I grew up with alot of music and was probably already exposed when I was just a few cells developing. Also music being in every medium and also being culturally-reinforced, has made learning music for me a very organic experience. 8 years ago I didn't even think I would be able to play the guitar, I didn't even set out to become a good guitar player, I was just inspired.

- talking to people and observing people/humanity, kind of in a pseudo-sociological/philosphical way. Observing comes very naturally to me, my brain seems to automatically want to understand where other people are coming from, what they are experiencing and how their particular worldview is shaped. And my brain also seems to have been calculating every kind of different response of every different type of person kind of like the architect of the matrix. This is not something I consciously do, maybe it's because I am sort of sensitive.

- doing research into things such as nutriton or how a videogame or a song was made. 

These things above I find very easy to do and kind of flow effortlesly, it's what I do everyday. I don't take it for granted that I find these things easy to do or that I like to do them (which in turn makes it easier for me to become proficient at it), it is a gift from the universe/gods, because I can't really say I chose to like these things. 

But now I am getting to the crux of my question. There are other things I want to become good at, or that I want to be able to like which will give me I feel more technical skills which are more valued in this era which then allows me to contribute more due to me having these skills. 

One of these skills I want to become good at is programming (and after getting the fundamentals right, I want to go to AI). Now when learning programming I found this a very hard thing to learn. Because it doesn't come natural at all. Actually even the thought of learning programming can give me alot of debilitating pressure/stress (psychosomatic reactions). 

Should I just force myself to keep studying (even when I feel intense stress that distracts me from the studying?) and eventually the stress will subside?

Or is this whole endeavour unsustainible? (since I need to use force to make myself learn) and do I just want too much, or am I naively thinking I can do everything or that a human being is capable of doing everything? 

Is this intense stress already a red flag, which means I shouldn't even attempt to learn programming because of my inherent lack of pre-emptive emotional interest in programming, which will severely stunt my ability to hold and retain information, as opossed to if I was naturally interested in it?( I want to mostly learn programming, from a reason standpoint, not necessarily because of an emotional spark/inspiration)

Lets say that it's true that you never can become truly proficient/excellent at something you have no inherent/organic interest in. Does this mean that we are mostly determined, and that some people will just be inventors and other won't? Or is this something everyone can become and they just have to go through a bout of strong emotional resistance for a few days/months/years and wait till this emotional resistance fades away?

Thanks for reading, and I am curious for the answers.